Winner Venice One Daytime Challenge

cbretteville

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Please note: Following a problem being discovered with one of the voters, the organizers have had to amend scores for three images. As a result of this some of the results of the voting has changed from what was initially posted last night after the voting closed. I regret not catching this before the initial publication of the results. Carl

We have a winner of the 2010 Daytime One Challenge!!

Almost 2500 views of the image thread has lead to 74 forum members voting for what they have thought the top three images and the results are:

John Amiet's "The forcola maker" gained the most points during our two week voting period. As the winner John gets a £500 gift certificate from Red Dot Camera in London. Carsten Fisher's "Draw" came second in the challenge and Carsten can look forward to a Billingham Hadley Pro - a really nice camera bag donated by JP Distribution and Red Dot Camera.

The full list with all the corrected details is as follows:

#1 John Amiet: D13 "The forcola maker" - M9 @ ISO1000, 75mm APO Summicron ASPH - 89 points

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

#2 Carsten Fisher: D15 "Draw" - M9 @ ISO200, 50mm Noctilux + ND filter - 62 points

#3 Steve Ash: D8 "Diamonds are a girl's best friend" - M6, Adox CMS20, 50mm Summicron - 52 points

#4 Jana Stein: D16 "A bird in the hand" - M9 @ ISO160, 35mm Summicron - 41 points

#5 Ravi Bindra: D21 "Prow and decorator" - M3, Ektar 100, 50mm Summilux - 28 points

#6 Andy Barton: D2 "Alfred and the dog" - M7, Tri-X @ ISO200, 35mm Summicron ASPH - 25 points

#7 Echart: D17 "Venice a bit behind" - M6, BW400CN, 40mm Summicron-C - 19 points

#8 Stefan Seider: D3 "The artist behind the stage" - M6, T-Max 400, 50mm Summilux ASPH - 17 points

#9 Mike Richards: D14 "Wine bar" - X1 @ ISO400, 24mm Elmarit - 15 points

#10 Jono Slack: D1 "CD player" - M9 @ ISO160, 75mm APO Summicron ASPH - 12 points

#11 Bill Palmer: D9 "Waiting" - M7, Porta 160, Zeiss 50mm Sonnar - 12 points

#12 Max Losito: D4 "Gentleman" - M9 @ ISO800, 28mm Summicron ASPH - 13 points

#13 Philippe Octo: D7 "I stand alone, proudly" - M7, T-Max 400, 35mm Summilux ASPH v2 - 9 points

#14 Carl Bretteville: D5 "Watching" - M6, Fuji Acros @ ISO200, 35mm Summilux ASPH - 8 points

#15 Tom Lane: D10 "Must me some place" - M9 @ ISO160, 50mm Summicron - 7 points

#16 Nick de Marco: D6 "Empty stage" - M6, Neopan 400, Voightländer 35mm Nokton - 7 points

#17 Pete Farnsworth: D18 "Over the shoulder peek" - M8 @ ISO160, 50mm Summilux ASPH (ND filter) - 7 points

#18 Tim Delbeck: D11 no title (B&W) - M6, Tri-X @ 200, 50mm Summicron - 5 points

#19 Maurizzio Belucci: D19 no title (colour) - M9 @ ISO200, 35mm Summilux ASPH v2 - 3 points

#20 Robert Parker: D20 "Venetian café" - M8.2 @ ISO160, 50mm Summilux pre-ASPH - 3 points

#21 Emma Slack: D12 "We went to Venice" - X1 @ ISO100, 24mm Elmarit - 2 points

Thank you all for participating and making this another memorable challenge.

With this I hand the One Challenge Helm to Pete Farnsworh (farnz). I've had a lot of fun doing 2009 and 2010. I hope to meet old and new participants in Palermo in 2011.

Cheers,

Carl

Edited by andybarton
  • Like 1

Congratulations, John, Carsten, and Steve!

A huge thanks to Carl for the time and effort you've put in over the past two years in organising the One Challenge, creating the threads, collecting the entries, arranging the entries, totting up, displaying the results and distributing the prizes to the winners.

Yours will be a very hard act to follow but I shall give it my best and hope to see similar numbers, or more, forum members in Palermo in 2011.

Pete.

Congratuations to John, Carsten and Steve !!

There were some very nice pictures this year and a strong field.

Thanks and well done to Carl for all his efforts and skill in organisiong the challenge and good luck to Pete in taking over the job !!

My best congratulations to the winners, my best thanks to the organizers and to everyone participating to make the challenge happen again. It was great fun to take part in this competition again. In my view, we had a large number of excellent entries this year. I wished I had more votes.

Stefan

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Bravo to the winners! It's been a pleasure and a privilege to be part of this adventure once again, thanks to the unstinting dedication of Carl who managed it so well, not forgetting all those who made the effort to participate and those who voted.

Looking forward to see you all (and more) in Palermo.

To have excelled in such company is indeed an honour. There are many entries that, quite frankly equal mine. I agonized not for hours, but for days over casting my votes. Each day my preferences seemed to change. I am sure I am not alone in this and I won simply 'on the day.' Another day and we would surely have other winners. So well done everyone and especially I thank you all for your good company in Venice.

The company being as good as it is, I will be tempted to be in Palermo next year, just to relax with you all and maybe take the odd pic. ;)

Carl, you did a brilliant job of organizing and as Pete has said somewhere, you will be a hard act to follow.

To Red Dot Cameras I extend my gratitude for there very generous offer of the first prize. Now what the hell do I need? I've got enough camera s to open my own store! ;)

The company of all the great participants made this challenge a true pleasure. In fact, meeting with so many nice fellow 'Leiconians' was at least as enjoyable as walking the streets of Venice with my camera.

Congrats to John. My sincere thanks to Red Dot Camera for the generous prizes, I will carry my new bag with good memories of the days we shared in Venice. Carl, all your work ifor the challenge is highly appreciated!

I hope to see all of you and some more in Palermo next year! John, please consider to be with us again, you are more than welcome to take winning or odd pics ;)

Carsten

• Like 1

Congrats to the worthy winners and to all participants for that day having fun, meeting, chatting, eating and last not least taking pictures at a wonderful place.

Thanks again to Andy and Carl

and hoping to be again one of the happy members at

Palermo-One-Challenge 2011

• Like 1