Winner Venice One Nighttime Challenge

cbretteville

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Please note: Following a problem being discovered with one of the voters, the organizers have had to amend scores for three images. As a result of this we have to declare another winner than what was initially published last night after the voting closed. I regret not catching this before the initial publication of the results. Carl

We have a winner of the 2010 Nighttime One Challenge!!

A big thanks to all that braved the weather and took part in the first night time challenge. I would also like to thank the 69 that took their time to vote for the images.

Well done everyone!

#1 Steve Ash: N17 "Fugitive nights" - M7, T-Max @ ISO1600, 50mm Summilux ASPH - 69 points

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

#2 Carsten Fisher: N12 "Guess" - M9 @ ISO1600, 50mm Noctilux - 69 points

As the top two tie for points Steve Ash's entry wins as it was awarded more 3 point scores than Carsten Fisher's.

#3 Jono Slack: N2 "Just don't ask" - M9 @ ISO1250, 50mm Summilux - 68 points

#4 Pete Farnsworth: N15 "The man who owns the bodega" - M8 @ ISO160, 50mm Summilux ASPH - 47 points

#5 John Amiet: N11 "Just walking" - M9 @ ISO2500, 50mm Noctilux - 44 points

#6 Andy Barton: N3 "Umbrellas on the bridge" - M7, Neopan 1600, 35mm Summicron ASPH - 31 points

#7 Mike Richards: N9 "Canal at night" - X1 @ ISO6400, Elmarit 24mm - 24 points

#8 Bill Palmer: N16 "Ciao, cheeky" - M7 BW400CN, Zeiss 50mm Sonnar - 11 points

#9 Carl Bretteville: N7 "Separate ways" - M6, Tri-X @ ISO1250, 50mm Summilux ASPH - 11 points

#10 Stefan Seider: N4 "Rein ne va plus" - M6, T-Max 400 @ ISO3200, 50mm Summilux - 8 points

#11 Jana Stein: N14 "Rainy night" - M9 @ ISO1600, 50mm Summicron - 7 points

#12 Tom Lane: N6 "After the meal" - M9 @ ISO400, 35mm Summicron - 6 points

#13 Eckart: N10 "Rain on Rob's umbrella" - M8 @ ISO640, 28mm Elmarit ASPH - 5 points

#14 Robert Parker: N1 "Venetian square" - IIIf (RD), Kodak Prof400, 35mm Summicron ASPH (ltm) - 4 points

#15 Tim Delbeck: N13 No title - M6TTL, Tri-X @ 800, 35mm Summicron - 3 points

#16 Nick de Marco: N5 "Night vaporetto" - M6, Neopan 400, Voigtländer 35mm Nokton - 1 point

#17 Emma Slack: N8 "Oh hell, I forgot to set the ISO to 1600" - X1 @ ISO100, Elmarit 24mm - 0 points

Cheers,

Carl

Edited by andybarton
  • Like 1

Carl,

A huge thanks for the time and effort you've put in over the past two years in organising the One Challenge, creating the threads, collecting the entries, arranging the entries, totting up and displaying the results.

Yours will be a very hard act to follow but I shall give it my best and hope to see similar numbers, or more, forum members in Palermo in 2011.

Congratulations to Carsten, Steve and Jono!

Pete.

• Like 1

As with the daytime challenge, I would like to give my best congratulations to the winners, my best thanks to the organizers and to everyone participating to make this new night challenge happen for the first time. In my view, it is an excellent addition to the whole event.

The next time, I could do with less rain, though ;)

Stefan

An excellent result and well done to all participants in such a fun event, despite the rain, or was it because of the rain? Almost a new experience for me, coming from Oz. ;)

Carsten Steve and Jono, I admire your winning efforts. There is at least one pic there that I would gladly put my name to and the other two are no slouches.

Carl, a special thanks to you, and the other organizers, for doing the behind the scenes work.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Congrats Steve + Jono and the rest of the bunch who went out there in the rain! And a big thanks to Carl and all the others who put so much time and effort into this challenge!! Thank you for all your votes, the Venice challenge was big fun.

I hope we'll do a Nighttime Challenge again in 2011 in Palermo. It was challenging indeed this time, so we should encounter more friendly circumstances (weather).

Happy shooting, Carsten

Carl,

thank you very much for the efforts you took to make the whole challenge a successful event again. I am grateful that I could participate and make this experience. It already affected the approaches I take to photograph (less gear, more concentration on the image itself).

Finally I am flattered that my - I have to admit- lucky shot was voted as winner in a tight competition.

Thanks to all participants and voters. I am looking forward for next years event.

Steve

"Well done" to the winners and other participants as well. Plus again a multitude of thanks to the organizers.

And one small item that may be of interest to X1 owners: "#7 Mike Richards: N9 "Canal at night" - X1 @ ISO6400, Elmarit 24mm - 24 points " Should be ISO 400. The exposure was 4 seconds @ f6.3 on a Leica minipod. No, I do not have any special firmware upgrades or modifications that will allow ISO 6400 on the X1.;)

Sorry Mike, the iso is my typo. :o

Carl

Carl, It really didn't matter, and I would not even have mentioned it except to pre-empt any speculation about the X1 ISO range. Thanks for all your work on this year's challenge and looking forward to seeing you again next year.:)