LTM users, its time to stand up and be counted!

Guest flatfour

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Picture taken with my 1929 Leica 1A with fixed F3.5 50mm Elmar in reply above. Fuji Superia 400asa

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

IIIg

35mm Summicron

50mm Rigid Summicron

90mm Elmarit

135mm Elmar

Leicavit

Viso II

(Plus an M4, Leicaflex Standard and SL and the lenses to go with them)

Interesting to see who has what. My favourite combo is the IIIg and 50mm. Great pic of the Harley. I have a 1964 Triumph Thunderbird.

Bryan

My IIIc with the original Elmar it was sold with. The VIDOM came later on.

I bought this camera from a lady at a garage sale. Her husband was a G.I. and had purchased it in Germany right after the end of the war.

The camera had seen very little use and ended up living in a drawer for a good 40-50 years until I picked it up. DAG and Steve Choi gave it a little love and care and she's back to doing what she does best. Taking pictures.

I also have several 50mm lenses in LTM mount ranging from a Summar to the collapsible Summicron.

• Like 1

Hi James,

I saw this thread from Google, and joined so as to be counted.

I have a IIIf black dial with a Summitar and a Hektor. I have an M-2 and M-4

as well, and don't use the IIIf as much as I used to. The Summitar is

underated.

Perhaps we should call this thread: School F/6.3

:-)

Cheers,

Charlie.

Hi - My recent acquisition Leica IIIF with 50mm f2 Summitar . Love the camera.

• Like 3

I have a Leica 1 Model C, a IIIC modified to IIIF spec. and a IIIg .. but only have 2 Leica screw lenses ... 50/2 Summitar and 50/2.8 Elmar ... acquired the 1 Model C just recently and looking for an Elmar 3.5. Also have an elusive Leitz 35mm viewfinder so will probably get a 35mm screw lens when funds allow ... and would also like to get a 28/5.6 Summaron when have the ££ available.

Dunk

You guys are like camera pimps ... those cameras are so seductively beautiful.

I use to collect and shoot with some oldies, but it was so long ago I can scarcely recall the models I had. One was built in 1932 according to the Leica collectors book. Took great photos too. Silky smooth operation. One other was some sort of rare IIIG or something with a matching Leicavit. The Japanese buyers in the early 80s used to follow me around at shows trying to get me to sell it.

Anyway, very nice gear. Real eye candy.

Here's a history question I always wondered about ... why did the increadibly beautiful finish of these old cameras and lenses disappear?

If I am in the Barnack mood, this is what I use (for those not that familiar with LTM Leicas, it's a late If with red-scale Elmar 50mm). Great little camera, slips in the pocket of one's coat easily. The finder is what I would call the best 50mm finder ever, 1:1 size and extremely bright.

Cheers,

Andy

Hello, I'm in too!

I don't have other tha LTM cameras. Ther's a IIIc currently being CLA'd, a RD IIIf and a IIIg. I use them as often as I can (a few rolls a month) with all my lenses: Summitar, 5cm/3.5 Elmar, 90/2.8 Elmarit, 90/4 Elmar, and 135/4 Elmar. I really enjoy using these old and nice camera, the fact that they don't have any battery in certainly adds to the feeling.

I really like shooting macros with the Viso II and a few extension tubes! The IIIf can look so odd with the heavy device on!

1935 IIIa with Summar. I had the shutter repaired and rangefinder rebuilt. Works fine, I must use it more. I also enjoy M6 and M3 and newer lenses, but it's amazing how these cameras just keep on going happily decade after decade.

Cheers,

David

http://www.davidkillick.co.nz

A Leica IIIa pic.

Hello, I'm in too!I really like shooting macros with the Viso II and a few extension tubes! The IIIf can look so odd with the heavy device on!

Olivier,

I seem to recall that the Visoflex II you are using on your screw mount Leicas originated in Vancouver, did it not? Did Justin have something to do with it as well?

Enjoy!

Jan

• Like 1

I suppose that the "counting" could bring to unexpected big numbers... LTM are small, very portable, light, fine to use, rugged; personally, in mountaineering I often leave home the M4 and use a IIIf with Elmar Red Scale, Summaron 28, Elmar 135 and/or Elmar 90: perfect outfit, excellent results even in 30x40. For LTM fans: I am astonished by the quality of the Summarex 85: in my opinion, better than Summicron 90 (old of course...) in the range f8-f16 : is there someone who shares this feeling?

Aurina1.pdf

Olivier,

I seem to recall that the Visoflex II you are using on your screw mount Leicas originated in Vancouver, did it not? Did Justin have something to do with it as well?

Enjoy!

Jan

You have an excellent memory Jan! It is this precise Visoflex I use as often as I can... I'll try to past a few pictures I took with it soon. I hope you'll enjoy them! The Viso is still in excellent shape.

Olivier