Where are the new 35 luxs

r7photo

I got mine in July. They are trickling out but obviously in great demand. Here's a little dawn light for you in the meantime.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

I got mine Thursday from Glazers who got one copy. Next, left for the coast and tried to find something worth taking a picture of in 40 knot winds, rain and grey skies. :(

This was taken at f1.4 without use of any sort of bracket. :D

• Like 4

I got mine end of July.

Cheers,

Ario

• Like 3

So far, only using it for a short weekend, my limited impression is:

I really like this lens.

I can tell that it flares much less than my 35 Summicron (which I have come to like a lot).

The 35 Lux has nice color rendition.

My 28 Summicron seems more contrasty. The lux seems to have a smoother contrast. I like it. But, obviously, not a contrasty weekend.

The OOF area can be a little zig-zaggy. Maybe, not as smooth as the 35 Summicron.

Here is another.

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Rick those are all very nice studies and examples. With the last, I might be tempted to avoid the 'grain' effect in the sky and cloud (while preserving the real grain in the beach of course)?

Here's some afternoon light grabbed while scouting the location for the next morning.

Edited by hoppyman
  • Like 3

Geoff, I actually didn't add grain to my second picture (of the driftwood). That is from pushing the yellow saturation to 42. You are seeing the sensor structure. Admittedly, not a great shot, but hey, it was a miserable weekend at the coast. Here is the same picture with yellow set to zero. Too smooth for me but, not a great picture to start with.

Edited by RickLeica

Bo, very nice. I like it a lot. Now, the technical question: Are you loving the OOF area this lens renders. Do you think, for example, the right part of your picture is a little jaggy (for lack of a better term)? I'm finding the OOF areas to be kind of clinical... not smooth. I see the same thing in my first picture on the left side in the driftwood. What are you finding?

Rick,

Actually Im not the great person to ask this question... I find the defocus area to be rather smooth, and much less textured than I had expected, its much like what it would be if it was calculated form a 3D render package. Well, not sure, Im really not a "bokeh" kind of person so I am not a real good reference. But generally Im very impressed with how the lens is rendering.

Good Evening-

Nice examples of the technical qualities for the 35 Lux to all!

Having just traded an 8 for a 9 and lusting for a 21 Lux, I'll continue with

my 35 Summicron, a companion that has traveled with me for over 20 years for now.

There is from what I understand a supply of 35 Luxes in the near future pipeline.

Viva the timelessness of Leica M!

Best,

It's crazy guys,

YEsterday I went to the new Leica boutique in Singapore,

ALL the 35 lux and crons sold out,

ALL the 50 lux and crons sold out, apparently on opening day.

They got a few M9s though, I asked the manager when the lenses will arrive, he could not commit but said next imminent shipment, how imminent not sure.

Incredible.

Jeff,

Yep, too long time no see. :-)

Loving the lens, on my way to HK for a couple of weeks and figure the 50mm and 35mm with be the two lenses for the trip. keeping it simple to avoid dragging a bunch of lenses everywhere with me. :D

I was using the CV 35 1.4 while waiting for the new 35lux, and am now really finding myself getting closer and more intimate on the street. There should be some images hitting the people forum over the next week or so.

• Like 1

Maya ?

I think you misunderstood me, I meant that when you do 3D animation and render, the result is somewhat clinical and boring, nothing like the wild dirty OOF details in some lenses. :D this is the cleanest 35mm I have ever seen in terms of the defocus rendering, which is why I said its like a rendering-package.