Sign in to follow this  
medys

Digilux 3 four thirds adapter Nikon lens issue

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello all,

I have a Digilux 3 and recently purchased a Nikon to four thrids adapter on ebay to use my Nikon 50mm f1.8 AF on it. I am an amateaur, so forgive the novis question :-)

I was told that I have to use the D3 in 'Stop-down' mode, which I understand is to manually select the aperture settings on the lens and the shutter speed on the top dial. I mounted the lens, selected manual focus, did the 'stop-down' thing by selecting f11 on the lend and 250 shutter on the dial (if indeed I am doing it correctly as mentioned above) and voila...nothing happended!! On the LCD display it says f0.0, which I think means can't read the aperture setting on the lens??

The same thing happened with a Leica R lens I have that I used with a Leica to 4/3 adapter. So, I suspect I am doing soemthing wrong or missing something in the 'stop-down' procedure on the D3. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Medy

I may be wrong, as I don't have a Digilux3, but I don't think that anything is wrong here. Using an adaptor normally means that the lens information cannot be passed to the camera. Hence the need for stop-down metering. Provided the lens aperture opens and closes correctly as you turn the ring, and your pictures are correctly exposed, then all should be well.

Thanks for your response. I see all of that, but the shutter does not release. It is dead and not doing anything!

I've just downloaded and read the manual for this camera, and it didn't help very much on this subject. The only thing I could see was a reference to setting focus-priority, otherwise the shutter may not activate.

Hopefully someone who has a Digilux-3 will join in and help soon. Sorry I wasn't able to help much.

Well, I have no problem in using my Nikkor AiS and Ai on Diglilux 3 and Olympus bodies.

Please check an option on the menu C, named "no r that says something like: elease without lens", it should be set "off".

Adapters often does not confirm to the camera the presence of a lens

Paolo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

And you would be able to use not only manual exposure but even aperture priority.

Anyway, Summicron-R is a MUCH better lens than Nikkor AiS 50 f:1,8. And it is quite cheap on the used market.

If you want to stick with Nikkor lenses, consider Nikkor AiS 50 f:1,2 lens. Wonderful for low light photography.

Well, I have no problem in using my Nikkor AiS and Ai on Diglilux 3 and Olympus bodies.

Please check an option on the menu C, named "no r that says something like: elease without lens", it should be set "off".

Adapters often does not confirm to the camera the presence of a lens

Paolo

Thanks Paolo.

I knew that somebody would come to Medys's recue.

Medys, I looked in the manual, and this item is described on Page 87. Right hand column, 2nd item from top.

Good luck.

Edited by Nicoleica