for Allan B.- part 1

Guest carolina

Guest carolina

Advertisement (gone after registration)

hopefully you also look in this section. What follows will be a series of posts, first on montages then on multiples (when I get a chance). I came to learn montages from layering slides together in one slide mount. I still visualize them best on a light table(ancient technollogy). What follows are digital interpretations of the technique. Montages are classified into four basic categories -flip,surreal,textures and square montages.

The following images repressent flip montages. The 1st one is the base image that is flipped either vertically or horizontaly or both and layered together.Multiply and overlay are the blending modes that most resemble the layered slides.

Guest carolina

these cannot be done with slides - they are digital interpretations of the techique. With these I layer one image flipped 4 ways on top of each other and vary the blending mode- with this the possibilities are endless.

Yes, I do!!!

Thank you so very, very much M.C.

I can't tell you how inspiring these beautiful pieces of art are to me. They are simply incredible.

I'm very interested to see how your work evolves. I hope you'll continue to share with all of us here on the Leica Camera User Forum.

Thanks. Very Much!

Allan

Guest carolina

the last 2 images above and this one are square montage - when I layer slides at 90* to each other . These appear to be my fascination as no one else gets a kick out of them like I do. People even other photographers look at me like I am crazywhen I do montages this way.