m6

davidecossu

Guest Bernd Banken

Hi Davide,

it seems to be easy:

If you are mainly a wide angle shooter and/or wearing lenses, you should chose the 0.58 version.

If you dont't wear glasses and are in the range of lenses from 35mm up to 90mm you can take the average and most common version, the 0.72.

If you prefer the longer versions of 90 mm or 135mm than it's better to take the 0.85 version.

The big difference to SLR cameras is the fact that you get a smaller frame to view and to focus the longer your lens is. This is contrary to the telelenses on an (D) SLR- the longer the lens the closer you view through this lens and are able to focus.

The small bright rectangle field for focusing the object will be smaller and smaller the longer the lens is (at RF cameras)

So there is the possibility of using magnifier f.e. 0.72 version to see more with telelenses.

You see it's not so easy from the start....

Bernd

I fully agree with Bernd's hints.

Just some little extra information:

0.58 -> Only M6TTL

0.85 -> as M6 very rare, AFAIK it was only build for one or max. two years. As M6TTL maybe more common.

From my own experience: Wearing glasses and using an M6 0.72 with 28mm is no fun.

Regards

Andreas

If you are mainly a wide angle shooter and/or wearing lenses, you should chose the 0.58 version.

How wide is wide? IIRC, Leica Fotographie recommended the 0.85 version for those lenses which require auxiliary viewfinders (which might include the 28mm if you're that way inclined), as the higher magnification improves focusing accuracy.

I owned a 0.58 M6 TTL for around a year (mostly shooting 35mm with it), but sold it as I found that I was unable to focus as accurately (and as quick because of that) with it as with the standard 0.72 finder model

Guest Bernd Banken

Advertisement (gone after registration)

How wide is wide? IIRC, Leica Fotographie recommended the 0.85 version for those lenses which require auxiliary viewfinders (which might include the 28mm if you're that way inclined), as the higher magnification improves focusing accuracy.

I owned a 0.58 M6 TTL for around a year (mostly shooting 35mm with it), but sold it as I found that I was unable to focus as accurately (and as quick because of that) with it as with the standard 0.72 finder model

By this strategy a M6 will be nothing different than a Model IIIG f.e. with two different finders, one for focusing and the other for framing. I guess this must be trained to feel comfortably with it.

Bernd