Good call, Stu. They were shot here in Florida but upon further research they may be Canadian Sandhill Cranes. If I could have changed the title I would have. But on the other hand we do get so many "snow birds" down here it's getting hard to tell where they're from.

I was smitten with the way their grayish foliage turned out in this picture taken with my 70-year-old Leica II and old-faithful sports lens. I think it's so cute the way birds will stand so still on one leg for so long.

Edited by iShutterbug

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By frame-it
      Anyone know if there is anything special about the rendering of this lens ? saw it today at the shop, the small screw on the ring in front of the aperture is interesting..wondering what its for.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  

• By TheGodParticle/Hari
      Most of us seem to be photographers as well as collectors.
      Show me your favorite lenses, old and new alike.
      I like the Noctilux range for the extreme apertures, but I prefer the Summilux range for the best speed:size/weight ratio.
      Here’s a Summilux gathering of 21, 24, 28, 35, 50 and 75mm. All in black. 

• By Greg Agov
      I have a Hektor f1.9 73mm with Serial Number 98732. All the serial number listings that I've seen do not include this number.  Any help would be appreciated.
    • By Tommy Hansen
      Strange Leica or a rebuilt Leica?
      If i have understand correctly, it was not unusual that already from the 1930s it was possible to modify / upgrade Leica cameras as the Leica developed and implemented new features in new models. I bought a few weeks ago one, as I understand, updated Leica 1. The serial number tells me that it is a Leica 1 from 1930. The built in range finder tells me that it is upgraded to a Leica ii and the flash sync connection on the back can not have been added until after the Second World War so that must have been another update. The lens have no serial numbers and it may say that it from the very beginning was the same lens that was mounted to the camera?

Who can explain? What do you think?

/Tommy

• By lleo
      I'm looking for the hoods for my lenses and I found some. The one that makes my think is what lens suits the Hektor 13,5cm f/4,5 screw mount.
      I saw several IUFOO for Elmar 9cm and Hektor 13,5cm but they say for M39 filter thread. So while my Elmarit 90 is M39 as the Summicron and the Summaron, I measured the inside of my Hektor and the thread is 33mm.
      I also looked in the Wiki but I haven't found any right hood.
      There is one on sale on the bay which I haven't found in the Wiki. It's this one:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/LEICA-LEITZ-paraluce-in-metallo-per-Elmar-9-cm-e-Hektor-13-5-cm-/111641708706?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_101&hash=item19fe5d48a2

There is also this one but it says Elmar and Hektor, and I don't know if the size is correct:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Leitz-Sonnenblende-fur-Elmar-9-cm-und-Hektor-13-5-cm-Leica-Lens-Hood-Germany-/161718469932?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item25a72c052c