DAG Camera repair

LDHaber

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just an update, after attempting to call off and on for a week, I finally got through Friday and had a quick chat about my Nokton, confirmed that he had recieved it and discussed what I needed fixed. Later that day I had an email from Don saying he found a loose element, tightened it, corrected the backfocus and that it was finished.

I have the ever-so-slight hope it might show back up before Christmas.

• 1 year later...

just want to give another thumbs-up to Don. i sent my m9, 50mm lux and 35mm lux fle for focus calibration (i tried to calib them myself but couldn't get the two lenses work well at the same time). he calibrated all 3 of them and only took slightly more than a week. good communication all the way, the lenses were spot on when they came back.

• 6 months later...

I sent 2 lense to be coded. One came back forthwith. the other took a good while. about 4 weeks. I received shipping notice to be delivered the 19th. I have forwarded a 3rd lens to be coded and am assured it will be returned w/i a week. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I bought a demo Visoflex 3 and it has been in storage for 30 years. When I put it into service, it was twisted so as not to get level horizons. I wrote DAG and asked if he could repair it and got a return e mail in a day or two. He offered a possible explanation, I wrote that that could not be, another thing to check, another no. However I found it I mounted it and gave a slight forceful twist I could get it level. After a few tries it seems to work properly. M9 with a viso is great.

He also repaired a 100 APO that I broke in half in a fall. Works better than new.

He has done numerous lens cleanings and CLAs for me over 30 years.

Not fast, but does good work. I do wish he could work on digital M cameras.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I emailed both Don and Sherry recently about a f/1 Noctilux calibration. Both got back to me within a few hours. Sherry said, "Sorry, I don't work on digital."  :huh: Don said, send it in, but write a good cover letter. "50% of what I get in don't have a cover letter- so I usually just throw those items away." Throw away?! I sure hope he was kidding…

• 3 years later...

As far as I can tell, DAG has been swamped since the beginning of the LDE (Leica Digital Era). So many lenses were OK on film but needed calibration. And for anything that's not a warranty problem I'd send it to him rather than Leica, who take even longer. He's a master craftsman, & Leica NJ seems like a squad of Keystone cops in comparison.

in my experience, he answers all e-mails promptly except those about when things will get done.

Kirk

:-D true.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...