• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On Ushba North (4690 m). Georgia, Caucaus. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

View from the summit of Janga-Tau (5058 m) over the Bezengi wall with Janga West summit, Katyn-Tau (4979 m) and Gestola (4860m). Elbrus (5642 m) is visible in the distance. Caucasus, June 2012. Leica X1 Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

2012 I got my first X1. I was young and ski guiding from a boat in Norway. I left my backpack on the shore to help my guests get a shore. Waves picked up and tide rose, and before I knew it water had gotten to my back. I had a Sigma DP2 at the time, which got soaked. The guests collected money for me, so I could buy a new camera...and I could finally get my first Leica. During the summer I had the X1 with me on Ushba, a difficult peak in the Georgian Caucasus. During the rescue of a young climbe

Posted Images

On 12/2/2020 at 8:03 PM, DaveMo said:

One of the bridges in a local park here in Red Deer.  X-1 processed in LR and NIK Silver EFX.

Nice photo with good B&W tones. Good to see the X1 still rocks !

Sharing my super shot blog on shooting with Leica X1 in Tokyo and Nikko, Japan: https://juliusyls.com/blog/2020/11/17/exploring-tokyo-and-nikko-with-leica-x1

Hope you all enjoying it :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Teasels ... Swaddywell Nature Reserve near Peterborough UK 

Leica X1 ISO400 1/500 f9   28 July 2020

BW

dunk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello again

The light of my home…

The Leica X1 is beside my RICOH and SIGMA cameras, one of my best tools I ever own. It is lovely and I feel the confidence which is necessary to work with it.

It's an emotional relationship.

Take care, stay save and have fun.

Cheers

titus

51 minutes ago, t.g. said:

Hello again

The light of my home…

The Leica X1 is beside my RICOH and SIGMA cameras, one of my best tools I ever own. It is lovely and I feel the confidence which is necessary to work with it.

It's an emotional relationship.

Take care, stay save and have fun.

Cheers

titus

I looked, in vain, for a few selfies in these hemispheres. An intriguing subject.

Edited by wda
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Along the Silk Road, taken nearly two years ago.

Am 6.9.2020 um 16:08 schrieb Gnarleyeh:

Quite incredible focus as well ... Lovely shot.

Did you have to take multiple shots to get the AF to zone in on the subjects or was this a manual focus which works but is not easy to work with, and am thinking in this environment would not lend itself to the extra time needed ? ... lots of suppositions on my part here !

I love the definition of this in B&W but am curious how it looked in colour ...

Thank you!
In such situations, I focus on a contrasty edge near the subject I want to have in focus, and use an aperature of around f/8. In this case, manual infinity at that aperature would have worked as well. The X1 still has a relatively small sensor and lack of DOF with landscapes is rarely an issue.
Peter