amazonian border

LLT

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Liz, your photography makes me think more, re subject and re skills!

Do you use an M8/9?

Thank you. Very kind comments indeed.

I use an M9 and 35/2 asph. Used to use the M8, loved it just as much.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have come back to these now a few times. excellent work with a touch of Salgado to them (one of my heroes and about the highest praise I can give) your capturing of the moment, framing and PP are all superb. This is what a leica is all about and hope that your work is being published

P.S. IMHO I find the crop of the person with the monkey to be perfect

Edited by viramati

Have come back to these now a few times. excellent work with a touch of Salgado to them (one of my heroes and about the highest praise I can give) your capturing of the moment, framing and PP are all superb. This is what a leica is all about and hope that your work is being published

P.S. IMHO I find the crop of the person with the monkey to be perfect

Thank you Viramati! Salgado is more than a compliment! Wow. Thanks.

I'm really new to photography, and really haven't a clue as to how to go about getting work published/exhibited etc. If you have any suggestions, I could definitely do with your help.

Cheers Viramati.

Liz,

Another fantastic series. Your pictures are making me want to get out there. I love your ability to place yourself at just the right angle for these shots, and how you combine different elements, and activities in a single frame. You have a very unique style that stands apart. I can tell you are in the zone when you're snapping away.

Paulo mentioned "Life" magazine. Maybe someday you will be invited to join Magnum ;-). Your images touch something deep inside me. There is a human element and sensitivity in them that screams "we are one humanity" enough with the exploitation of people, resources, and rain forrests! Salgado comes to mind when I see your photos. Beautiful!

Edited by wilfredo

First time seeing your work Liz, amazing!

Your first, 6th & 7th are my favorites although # 7 could be in Life magazize if it still existed.

Wonderful work.

Paulo

Thank you so much Paulo.

Liz,

Another fantastic series. Your pictures are making me want to get out there. I love your ability to place yourself at just the right angle for these shots, and how you combine different elements, and activities in a single frame. You have a very unique style that stands apart. I can tell you are in the zone when you're snapping away.

Paulo mentioned "Life" magazine. Maybe someday you will be invited to join Magnum ;-). Your images touch something deep inside me. There is a human element and sensitivity in them that screams "we are one humanity" enough with the exploitation of people, resources, and rain forrests! Salgado comes to mind when I see your photos. Beautiful!

Wilfredo,

You flatter me yet again. Thank you. They are some sweet comments. Magnum... that's a dream I'll keep dreaming.

Liz

Most of the photos you are too close. Give them more space, show some more place. That way I can connect more, my eyes will wonder to get there. The way it is it's right at my face. Not much to explore on the way to the main motif.

Some good moments you got here but more space would have improved much compositions and overall interest.

Best

Gabi

the only shot that I would go with Gabi's words in some way is the monkey one because of the division of the boards but on the other hand it is my favourite apart from the first. Best work I have seen on the forum and not least for its social content. Photographs like this can change peoples perceptions and peoples lives and that what it is all about. You have obviously got a great and natural talent which is a rare thing

Edited by viramati

@ etp095 and shtarka1, thank you for looking and taking the time to comment.

@ Gabi,

Point taken. I was actually looking at my shots and wondering the same thing myself. That said in those particular situations, including more would not have added anymore to story telling. In many cases would have been a distraction. However I do accept your point. Thank you for your critique also.

@ David, thank you once again for your very kind comments. Your words are definitely very encouraging to me.

A few more here that I haven't shared. Love your critiques/feedback once again :)

I was asked to insert more spacing between the photos previously, but I have no idea how to do so?? Sorry.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

second is cool but again .. step back, give more space and work more on composition. its messy the way it is. in some pics i can't even see the main motif.

you explore, you go 'inside'. that is good. but ... work more on composing your photos.

ATB

Gabi

I must agree with Gabi. I am feeling constrained and my eye is searching around for context. I'm wondering if a 28mm might not serve you better than the 35mm. Just curious, are you able to see the entire frameline for the 35mm focal length?