A 12,5 cm Hektor for direct mount on camera

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I received the attached photo of a prototype Hektor f=12,5 cm 1:2,5 serialled Nr.0000152 from Theo Kisselbach. He told me that the tests with this screw-mount version for direct mount on the camera bodies were negative...because of the weight which could deform the body shell !

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The direct-mount Hektor 12,5 is quoted by Lager too (also the Telyt 200 was prototypized in direct mount).

I think that the issue of weight that stresses the LTM body can have a sense... fact is that with the Visoflex one usually supports the camera keeping Viso in hand, while with a direct mount lens is more propable that, even with a long lens, the user handles the camera body only.

Anyway, it's also probable that a 125 2,5 was not sufficiently "sure" to be focused through RF

The 125mm Hektor is quite a nice lens - on a Visoflex II or III. I have used mine extensively. With no way of focusing accurately (i.e. no coupling to the rangefinder), it must be essentially useless when directly mounted on either an screw mount or an M camera. The narrow depth of field of the long-ish lens, and the "hope-for-the-best" focusing would make sharpness elusive.

It is a fabulous lens on a viso, any viso.

Even better on my D700 nikon with split image focus screen or on a R camera.

Have not tried it yet on D3 Nikon because there is no split image for it yet. Both are full frame digitals for those who don`t follow Nikon.

I received the attached photo of a prototype Hektor f=12,5 cm 1:2,5 serialled Nr.0000152 from Theo Kisselbach. He told me that the tests with this screw-mount version for direct mount on the camera bodies were negative...because of the weight which could deform the body shell !

As a complement to this thread, here is a photo of a Hektor 12 cm projection lens, similar to the one Walther Benser modified to create the famous photo lens. To complete the story, one could add that all 12.5 cm Hektors are in fact 12 cm focal length (as evidenced by the real figure engraved/scratched inside the barrel of all lenses), the "12.5 cm" having been used for pure marketing reason : lenses from 5 inches focal length were listed as "professional" and taxed at lower rate in the USA.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!