The next Lecia M film camera

Nikkor AIS

Greg, OT but I like that photo. The quintissential photo journalist!

LouisB

Yes, as evinced by the aura around his head. Or if that is just some bad photoshop, then for certain it's a photojournalist thing.

Yes, as evinced by the aura around his head. Or if that is just some bad photoshop, then for certain it's a photojournalist thing.

I think we should start a caption competition for this picture. Mine would be:

"You looking at me? You looking at me? Yeah, you with the Canon, you looking at me?"

etc

LouisB

Pro labs have been sticking it to us for as long as I can remember. If there going out of business it's because there prices left a bad taste in peoples mouth.

I will have to totally disagree.

Pro Labs were there to give pro results.

I can't believe you compare Pro labs to the scans you post on this forum, which probably come from the corner pharmacy. Bad colors, jagged edges, poor definition... I sincerely hope you weren't serious.

Pro Labs were (and still are) much needed. You just can't shoot a wedding or a portrait session on film and give it to Wal-Mart or Costco and expect good results. Of course, Pro labs come at a cost. Quality costs.

NB23, thanks so much for taking the time to repond to the thread. Personally, I think you make some very interesting points. As far as your little dig calling me a typical Leica newbie, I used my first Leica well over 20 years ago when my FM2 shutter blew up. Nova Photo in Calgary gave me a loaner that I used for a golf tournament. I was very excited about having the chance to shoot with the SLR motor-driven Leica camera. Unfortunately, about five rolls into the tournament, the shutter speed dial fell apart, rendering the camera useless. So I'm not really a Leica newbie :). Or a new photographer, or new to forums. Or go out shooting with only one camera body. Check out the Nikon Cafe for many sample images taken with Nikons, Canons, Twin lens Rollei, 4x5 and yes even, Leicas. And most recently a Widelux :D. As well as shooting in every spare minute I have, I also enjoy writing about photography as well as teaching Martial Arts for a living and designing high-tech knives.

I'm going to choose not to be offended by your little dig because you seem very knowledgeable and wise in the ways of Leica. And maybe you were having a bad day. I just wanted to tell you a little about myself just so you know I'm not a flash in the pan. And very much would wish to be treated with respect. And I will gladly do the same to you in turn.

Again, I'm really interested in your last post on this thread of the next Leica M camera and look forward to having you be part of this discussion.

923427333_ehtH9-M.jpg

Photo taken by my 7-year-old son with Nikon FM2 and 50 1.8 AIS on Ektapress film at a recent parade in Alberta.

Gregory

Hi Greg,

I'm sorry to have insulted you. You are clearly an expert, as shown by your photo with all your equipment. A True photojournalist.

Keep posting!

You all sound like a bunch of menstruating government workers. I hope that you're all proud that you can't participate in meaningful discussion, as mature adults.

I don't give a rats ass about your mobile bandwidth restrictions or the limits of your crappy 3G device. I don't neither care to discuss rumors from Japan about film camera discontinuance on a thread where the topic is the next film camera. I hope you all enrich the persons near you in real life more then you have each other on this thread.

A next film camera from L would be cool and interest me from a commercial perspective if it would be a 21st Century range finder. Not like the current film Ms, like Vivaldi writing the same song over and over and giving the work a new name.

How about:

User interchangeable VF magnification.

A data back powered from an Motor Drive M like motor drive/power supply.

A cloth mechanical shutter that supports AE when the MD/Power Supply was attached.

Supports full mechanical operation when there isn't power available.

Don't call it an M camera. Bring RF cameras into the 21st Century with an attempt as solid as the "Yashicatax" G camera attempted.

None of these things would happen, so I would just be happy with a new M mount Hologon.

You all sound like a bunch of menstruating government workers.

Interesting insult. I must try and work that into my next argument, as in: "you are wrong, you menstruating government worker" (careful to ensure that the person is neither a woman or/and a government worker or the strength of the insult might be diminished). Was going to use the 'thanks' button to recognise your contribution but I wanted to explain myself, fully.

LouisB

• Like 1