AGFA Dia-Direct slide film

jlancasterd

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've just been clearing out a drawer used as a dump for photographic 'bits' and have come across an unused (but well outdated) 36 exposure cassette of AGFA Dia-Direct DD12 monochrome slide film.

Commercial developing by AGFA is, of course, no longer possible, but there must be ways of doing it yourself... If anyone wants it to experiment with, please let me know and I'll post it to you. First come, first served and UK only, I'm afraid.

Dia-Direct's successor, the much lamented Scala, had a unique chemistry which meant only a handful of labs could process it. I wonder if this is the case for DD too?

There are still a few labs that can handle Scala (until the chemistry runs out anyway).

• 2 weeks later...

Dear John,

With the demise of AGFA, I wanted an successor for the wonderful Scala. I use these B&W slides for scanning, after all, that's why they are made for.

So the first thing I did was looking for an alternative film (Delta 100) and matching process (home brewed formulla) which I found after about 3 months of trial and error (more error tha trial!).

I do the B&W reversal processing in my Colenta ST60, this is a very versatile and trustworthy machine, as a matter of fact, I do the E-6 process to, just for my own needs of course.

But if you are really in high need, I will process your Agfa DD which will fit in my processing.

Just PM me.

Philippe

Dear John,

With the demise of AGFA, I wanted an successor for the wonderful Scala. I use these B&W slides for scanning, after all, that's why they are made for.

So the first thing I did was looking for an alternative film (Delta 100) and matching process (home brewed formulla) which I found after about 3 months of trial and error (more error tha trial!).

I do the B&W reversal processing in my Colenta ST60, this is a very versatile and trustworthy machine, as a matter of fact, I do the E-6 process to, just for my own needs of course.

But if you are really in high need, I will process your Agfa DD which will fit in my processing.

Just PM me.

Philippe

Thanks Philippe - I haven't decided whether or not to use the cassette of Dia-Direct. However, if I do I may well get in touch with you.