Firmware is on its way !?

steinzeug

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I predict...

...and anyone with an ounce of commonsense will go out and take some pictures. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Bill

you aint wrong there.....

but you can bet your life the thread will ramble on with same old posts with items that have been 'requested' time and time and time again

No, here we don't go again. ;):( There's a nine page, 180+ post thread on that.

Here we go again ;)

The question is: could you live with any other firmware improvements? Because this whole "firmware war" made it seems like the Leica crowd is divided into two:

1. Those who could not live without any further improvement... (I found it curious, as most people find themselves capable of living without their beloved wives, if they are happened to be dumped by her for a younger, smarter guy who does not spend his days/nights on the Leica forum...)

2. Those who, for some reason, could not live with any firmware improvements- and are highly passionate about how much they are not waiting for such improvements...

There's certain to be a new firmware version at some point, if only to support the new 35mm Summilux. Doesn't mean there will be any other changes though the shutter problem referred to is overdue for a fix.

The boys in the M9 forum have been playing with the new 35 Lux and said is has the same 6-Bit code as the old 35 Lux - So there is no need for Leica to hurry a firmware update for that lens release ;-((....

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m9-forum/129233-m9-new-35-summilux-2.html#post1360553

And to keep this thread on the same track as the others - I want to be the first to mention Hitler's name! :p

Edited by sfokevin

is it for you?i wonder,looks very very very cliche.

And totally unrelated-to say the least.Also is a strange phenomenon for someone to say to others quite intelligent members what is common sense and what not.

I cannot see any common sense in a thread that announces a firmware anyone to address it like that-still unphotographic and totally not Leica like.

Edited by Angelos Viskadourakis

Angelos, lighten up, for Dawkins' sake! It's a bit of firmware for a discontinued camera not the Second Coming. And what, in Oskar's name, is "Leica-like"...?!

Sheesh.

Regards,

Bill

is it for you?i wonder,looks very very very cliche.

And totally unrelated-to say the least.Also is a strange phenomenon for someone to say to others quite intelligent members what is common sense and what not.

I cannot see any common sense in a thread that announces a firmware anyone to address it like that-still unphotographic and totally not Leica like.

Have you checked the mirror lately, mon ami? :rolleyes::eek:;)

Guest Chris M
No, here we don't go again. ;):( There's a nine page, 180+ post thread on that.

Yes here we go again, Barf, vomit, puke:D some people only here and see what they want too know matter what is said or how its written, there generally completely and utterly miserable. Thats what forums are fore, no matter what the topic is. If you can't hang with the Big Boy's which means too shut up and put up if the topic makes you sick then maybe you need a break, Like a vacation with your room mate, because you can't maintain a relationship because you sit here in front of your computer for hours on end disputing threads that bare Know interest too you. Why even make such comments, for me because I can and its the Leica Forum.

I can only imagine who will reply next :eek: making excuses for someone they don't even know?

Ps...Hopes this helps

cm

My iPhone 3Gs got the new OS4 software yesterday night.

It does now multitasking - sort of and has a new, fresh look to it.

I love the (finally) unified mailbox.

Oh and last time, I checked (Monday night at the fire place), the M8 does work beautifully, with or without multi tasking and unified mailbox.

Guest BigSplash
Angelos, lighten up, for Dawkins' sake! It's a bit of firmware for a discontinued camera not the Second Coming. And what, in Oskar's name, is "Leica-like"...?!

Sheesh.

Regards,

Bill

Bill this is exactly the kind of input I would expect from you, it is as usual unhelpful and has nothing to do with what I believe the forum is about. I have kept away from the forum since a few weeks due to this type of thread that can only be characterised in my view as:

• Negative unhelpful critique as usual from you Bill
  • From someone (Bill) who does not even own (or use) a M8 or M9 yet has an appetite for giving inputs on M8 / M9 that is awesome.
  • Worse it is factually wrong....Leica may have discontinued the M8 but is committed to introduce firmware fixes for known bugs very shortly.
  • In addittion according to Stefan Daniel (Sept 2009) Leica are looking at introducing M9 features (at a price to the M8 client). I have spoken to Stefan since and although he did not commit a date etc I have the feeling it may happen.

Given the above your input is certainly NOT Leica positive and worse it is wrong. I hope that the moderator will jump all over you. Enough said.

Bill this is exactly the kind of input I would expect from you, it is as usual unhelpful and has nothing to do with what I believe the forum is about. I have kept away from the forum since a few weeks due to this type of thread that can only be characterised in my view as:

• Negative unhelpful critique as usual from you Bill
  • From someone (Bill) who does not even own (or use) a M8 or M9 yet has an appetite for giving inputs on M8 / M9 that is awesome.
  • Worse it is factually wrong....Leica may have discontinued the M8 but is committed to introduce firmware fixes for known bugs very shortly.
  • In addittion according to Stefan Daniel (Sept 2009) Leica are looking at introducing M9 features (at a price to the M8 client). I have spoken to Stefan since and although he did not commit a date etc I have the feeling it may happen.

Given the above your input is certainly NOT Leica positive and worse it is wrong. I hope that the moderator will jump all over you. Enough said.

But your posts are often pompous boring drivel. Bill's always cheer me up.:D