Firmware is on its way !?

steinzeug

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Angelos,

Do yourself a favor and put this guy on your ignore list like I did some time ago - he can never be wrong and will argue with anyone foolish enough to respond to his posts!

My original response was to someone else on this thread discussing Leica and M8 upgrades. I stated that updates and even upgrades are not unheard of with Kodak (the developer and supplier of Leica M sensors) as an example. I guess it did not take him long to twist things into another opportunity to get up on his soapbox.

It seems to be irrelevant to you that Michael is always concise, correct and courteous. Your comment should have been sent as a private message, not aired as public ad hominem criticism.

...he can never be wrong and will argue with anyone foolish enough to respond to his posts!

Personally I have found Michael to be 100% correct on matters of fact - and I highly respect him when he speaks on matters of opinion. That's a rather higher percentage than most - self included.

One thing I know when I read a post of Michael's is that it's going to be both interesting and informative. Sorry, make that two things. I know it can sometimes be a rare thing on an internet forum sometimes, but he knows what he's talking about and explains it well.

• Like 1

It seems to be irrelevant to you that Michael is always concise, correct and courteous. Your comment should have been sent as a private message, not aired as public ad hominem criticism.

Farnz,

That may be your take on MJH, but it certainly is not mine - nor does it reflect my experience with him, so please allow me the right to disagree with you about his virtues. I have placed him on my ignore list and still he insists on sticking his nose into my comments to another poster. What is "irrelevant" as you put it was his response as echoed in Angelos' response. He has some defenders here who practice a form of hero worship, but as a pro shooter since the 60’s, his magic does not work on me.

The fact that I was not even discussing the manufacture or origin of SLR/n sensors, but rather pointing out that if Leica offered sensor upgrades, it would not be an unheard of situation since Kodak already has done so seems to have been missed entirely. This thread is, after all, primarily about upgrades, not whether Kodak replaced flawed sensors with new ones (which they did for a price – not small fixes, but new sensors replacing the original ones).

Since I owned three Kodak SLR/n camera bodies and know their flaws intimately (they were the only full frame Nikon bodies available back then), I am well aware of who fabricated the SLR/n's sensors, body components, shutters, and other electronics. Kodak (just as Leica) was very "hands on" in the design of the SLR/n bodies and sensors. But all of this has nothing to do with my original statement that never suggested Leica should follow in Kodak's footsteps - that would make our cameras orphans in short order...

He managed to stick his nose (again) into a thread to add something that was not asked of him, in response to Angelo. If he responded to me, then thankfully, the ignore button worked. I do not wish to discuss MJH further, and if you feel you must be his defender, then so be it. Sorry if your feathers got ruffled because I really have enjoyed your previous posts.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well said Pete

Personally I have found Michael to be 100% correct on matters of fact - and I highly respect him when he speaks on matters of opinion. That's a rather higher percentage than most - self included.

One thing I know when I read a post of Michael's is that it's going to be both interesting and informative. Sorry, make that two things. I know it can sometimes be a rare thing on an internet forum sometimes, but he knows what he's talking about and explains it well.

Steve,

Perhaps you personally do highly respect MJH, it is as much your right as it is mine to form a different opinion. You may hang on every post from him as if it were the word from above, but I have been around long enough to know one thing is a sure fact - No one is ever 100% correct, not even MJH (I hope I haven't just blasphemed)...

In any case, he remains on my ignore list and I refuse to continue discussing him - this is the Leica forum, not the MJH forum!

No one is ever 100% correct, not even MJH (I hope I haven't just blasphemed)...

In any case, he remains on my ignore list

It must be a very lonely forum with all people on the ignore list who are less than 100% correct.

In any case, he remains on my ignore list and I refuse to continue discussing him - this is the Leica forum, not the MJH forum!

It takes you three posts of attacking him to refuse to continue to discuss him. Idiotic.:mad: