Three days in Havana, Cuba (Leica M9).

Tinchohs

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just had the opportunity to spend three days documenting every day life in Havana. Due to a happy coincidence (read, the amazing support from my dealer in West Palm Beach), I got my Leica M9 just before the trip. All images were shot with a 35mm Summilux. I fell in love and became a convert of the 35 angle of view on the full frame of the M9. Wonderful! I hope you enjoy them. Martin.

Cuba, Havana (Latin America) - Images | Martin Herrera Soler Photograhy

Thanks so much,

You offered us a trip to Cuba for free.

Beautiful pictures and you caught everything. We even feel the heat.( The dog taking some coolness is terrific)

(I agree with you about the M9 and 35. My 35 cron asph is hooked on the M9 and only dislodged by the 75AA for portrait purpose.)

I would be interested to know if you use the lux at 1.4 most of the time.

All the best,

Jean-Luc

Exceptional great captures!

You really showed us what leica is all about thank you very much for sharing!

Unbelivable good.

Maybe you should consider to publish them to a broader audience?

BTW:

Do you use the summilux often at 1.4?

I would love to publish broader. I'm looking into how to go about that. I would love to show in LFI. We'll see what happens.

In regrads to the lens, I do use it often at 1.4. I love very shallow depth of field. I tried during this trip several approaches, and some where with higher depth of field, to create a zone focusing and minimize time. usually, portratis I go for 1.4.

Thanks for the interest.

Thanks so much,

You offered us a trip to Cuba for free.

Beautiful pictures and you caught everything. We even feel the heat.( The dog taking some coolness is terrific)

(I agree with you about the M9 and 35. My 35 cron asph is hooked on the M9 and only dislodged by the 75AA for portrait purpose.)

I would be interested to know if you use the lux at 1.4 most of the time.

All the best,

Jean-Luc

JLV, I do use it most of the time at 1.4. It's tougher with moving subjects, and I get a lot of out of focus images, but those few times when I nail it, it's definitely worth it!