Sign in to follow this  
Cityman

Shooting DNG + JPG in M9 not working

Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem with shooting DNG+JPG fine in the M9. I have done so successfully previously but the last couple of shots I did, the camera didn't save 2 files - one DNG and the second JPG. Instead it saved 2 JPGs.

Has anyone experienced this problem? any suggestions? I thought I would reset my settings but that doesn't mean it won't happen again - if at all it will help.

Thanks

-Danny

One possible source for this—and similar—kind of problem is the concept of the user profiles. You select a few settings, among them a particular user profile ... and in the instant you select the profile you effectively are cancelling all previous settings.

So maybe for the last two frames you switched to a user profile which includes a setting for shooting in JPEG-only format.

One possible source for this—and similar—kind of problem is the concept of the user profiles. You select a few settings, among them a particular user profile ... and in the instant you select the profile you effectively are cancelling all previous settings.

So maybe for the last two frames you switched to a user profile which includes a setting for shooting in JPEG-only format.

Hi 01af,

I have done tests without using the profiles I made and selecting from the "SET" menu the compression: "DNG+ JPG fine" does the same problem like the profile I made for it. Also, on the memory card there are 2 files for each shot I made and both are JPGs who have the same name.. so this is a problem for sure, not my own mixup.

Also, on the memory card there are 2 files for each shot I made and both are JPGs who have the same name..

I don’t think the file system would even allow two files to have the same name and extension. How are you reading from the card?

Have you tried a different card? Did you format it in the camera? Is your battery raring to go?

Silly questions, but there needs to be gas in the car.

I don’t think the file system would even allow two files to have the same name and extension. How are you reading from the card?

both have same serial number, second one has parentheses with a number inside them (like if you would copy paste a file in same folder of original one)

Have you tried a different card? Did you format it in the camera? Is your battery raring to go?

Silly questions, but there needs to be gas in the car.

I haven't tried a different card, don't have one. have tried it again after formatting the card and same problem occurred. also the battery is almost full.

seems to me like an issue with the camera not the card.

both have same serial number, second one has parentheses with a number inside them (like if you would copy paste a file in same folder of original one)

That is even more strange as the naming conventions for image files do not include the use of parentheses, so it is unlikely that the camera would create these names. Are you really seeing this on the card itself or after transferring the image files to the computer? And to repeat my first question: how are you reading the card?

Same problem here. What I realized is that in previous attempts to read the card I used an external card reader, now I try to read from the camera directly. The result now is that as described above I get two identical files one including brakets and a running index. Unfortunately I cannot test my hypothesis now whether it makes a difference between direct and indirect card reading. But you might want to test it.

Cheers, C.

Interesting! It turned out when you download your images via a card reader there are two file formats! That's the solution for the problem, however, I cannot explain it. Does anybody has more insights?

Best, C-

Interesting! It turned out when you download your images via a card reader there are two file formats! That's the solution for the problem, however, I cannot explain it. Does anybody has more insights?

Best, C-

Hmmm......Faulty card? Ditch it!

It seems to me that no one has as yet said

- whether the seemingly duplicate files appear as seen by the camera or by the computer

- whether the problem with the names and formats of the files is observed on the card itself or in the computer's file system after the transferral of the files

- the OS of the computer in question

- the software used to transfer the files from the camera