2.8cm f6.3 Hektor

Advertisement (gone after registration)

38 minutes ago, willeica said:

My review of the original Hektor from 3 years ago. It is a great lens. A hood of some kind is recommended not only for flare, but also to avoid fingers getting into photos. I have the expensive, but rare and lovely SOOBK hood. Even with the hood I sometimes managed to get my fingers into the frame.

https://www.macfilos.com/2016/05/24/2016-5-20-leica-28mm-summaron-f56-little-old-guy-goes-modernperhaps/

William

Apologies, I got mixed up here. My review is of the Summaron. I also have the Hektor, which is not as good, but is a fine lens nevertheless. I recommend the use of the SOOHN hood with this lens for the same reasons as I have given already.

William

Thanks to everyone who responded to my first post, and sorry but I have always been a silent visitor of the various forums, returning to the 2.8cm hector, I am a little undecided whether to fall back on an Orion 15 or wait for a good opportunity for the venerable hector, I heard good things about the Orion 15 and I would have seen one at 150 euros.

Orion  28... :rolleyes:.. I had one 35-40 years ago.. with my first RF camera (Zorky 4K) : was a good lens and I have some 20x25 prints made with it… what can I say ? Frankly, as far as I remember, really comparable to the Hektor… and it costs a lot less : Hektor is "venerable" , Orion is "Russian" and that's all… B)  and if it's true that Hektor has the "Leitz Wetzlar" appeal, the cyryllic writings of the Orion have a certain mood of their own… B)

(by contrast, I had also a Russian 85 f2 for RF... don't remember the name…… and it was really a modest performer compared to, say, a Summicron 90... what I remember is that it was decent in B&W, very uncontrasty in color)  

Edited by luigi bertolotti

Since I already showed an image of the "American" SOOHN and following mention above of the SOOBK, here is also an image of this hood. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

12 hours ago, luigi bertolotti said:

(by contrast, I had also a Russian 85 f2 for RF... don't remember the name…… and it was really a modest performer compared to, say, a Summicron 90... what I remember is that it was decent in B&W, very uncontrasty in color)  

Jupiter-9.

• Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A photo taken with the 28 Hektor 6.3 on the Monochrom CCD:

Untitled by JM__, on Flickr

Edited by JMF

I like my 1939 Hektor 28 f6.3 but of course one must accept it for what it is... very soft in the extreme corners. Otherwise, very nice for its age. Here's one on film:

Handheld, at about f9 I think. Eastman Double-X in Rodinal. Scanned on Epson V750 flatbed, no sharpening applied.

Crop in Lightroom showing extreme lower right corner.

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/12/2017 at 6:46 AM, luigi bertolotti said:

Welcome to the Forum !!! A people who uses a Hektor 2,8cm surely can enjoy our community... :)

I have just bought a Hektor 2.8,  on a quick test on a SL, there are 4 black corners. Very much want to take a broader test when weather more stable.

Hello,

Just for illustrate this topic : one in meter from 1939 non coated, the other in Feet from 1950 coated.