Who's that man with the Billingham?

iShutterbug

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Mmm, it seems to be full of Leicas. Could he be a member of this Forum? :) Looks like he's zeroing in on the Institut de France on the other side of the Pont des Arts bridge over the Seine River seen from an archway entrance to the Central Square of the Palais du Louvre.

[ATTACH]202055[/ATTACH]

Shot 21 Aug 2009, Leica IIIg, Elmarit 90/2.8, Kodak Portra 160NC2, 1/125 @ f/8, drugstore develop and scan to CD. CS4 crop, Topaz Adjust.

Edited by iShutterbug

Very nice shot. Did you introduce yourself?

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Did I introduce myself to the girl carrying my Benro "Travel Angel" tripod? Naww, Stu, didn't need to--I've been married to her for thirty-five years and am just getting her to help carry my photo stuff so I'm feeling lucky. :)

Here in the U.S. I take my film to CVS/Pharmacy for development, get one print each and they scan the roll to CD in around an hour. The image files I get are around 850kb each, 1895x1272 pixels, or approx. 2.4 mp jpgs, 8-bit color, 72ppi. The first thing I do with each image I want to work with is convert to tiff (and save) and then make any modifications to that file. I agree, the quality has been pretty good for the 900x600p files I upload here. Any image I want to get serious with and print out in a large size on my Epson R2880 I will scan on my Minolta 5400.

Whoops, gotta go, that mysterious guy with the bulging Billingham is picking up the pace from the Louvre, crossing the Seine on "Artist's Bridge" heading toward the Institute of France like he once studied there, taking carefully framed shots along the way with what looks like an 'R4'--and it appears he knows Paris intimately. Surely he knows about this Forum. I will press on to try to catch up with him and solve this mystery if no one here can guess who he is...

[ATTACH]202139[/ATTACH]

Shot 21 Aug 2009, Leica IIIg, Elmarit 90/2.8 or 35 Cron asph (don't remember which here, but I know I had the 35 fitted at the end of the bridge), Kodak Portra 160NC2, 1/125 @ f/8, drugstore develop and scan to CD. CS4 crop, Topaz Adjust.

Edited by iShutterbug
spelling

Don ,

Thank you for having posted "the man with the Billingham"

In fact, it's me....

Absent due to work and sorry to answer now ....

I could see Don and his wife in Paris during their trip in Europa !

We spent some time together and Don was well equipped with cameras...

Good times indeed exclusively reserved for photography :) , and we visited some famous places of Paris , like

"the Louvre" (first photo),or "the Pont des Arts"(second photo) over the river Seine...

... pictures are very well treated and post processed and they trace out this way of parisian life

Good time together and good memories of a LUF friend

Kind regards to Joan and You

Henry

Please watch your MP

Edited by Doc Henry

Don ,

Thank you for having posted "the man with the Billingham"

In fact, it's me....

Absent due to work and sorry to answer now ....

I could see Don and his wife in Paris during their trip in Europa !

We spent some time together and Don was well equipped with cameras...

Good times indeed exclusively reserved for photography :) , and we visited some famous places of Paris , like

"the Louvre" (first photo),or "the Pont des Arts"(second photo) over the river Seine...

... pictures are very well treated and post processed and they trace out this way of parisian life

Good time together and good memories of a LUF friend

Kind regards to Joan and You

Henry

Please watch your MP

Ahh--mystery solved--just like in the movies! :)

Hi, Henry--

Joanie and I will never forget meeting you in Paris and how kind you were to show us some really Parisian sights. Practically every day we see something that reminds us of that clear and bright and happy day (and night, when you took us to best photo sites of Champs Elysees, the Arch de Triumph, Sainte-Marie-Madeleine church, and last but not least, the Eiffel Tower bathed in lights). We'll truly always have Paris. :)

Thank you again and again,

Don & Joan

Edited by iShutterbug
added an 'again'