Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 hours ago, tommonego@gmail.com said:

My M3 has been in service since October, YYe seems to be slammed. Just got it back with 2 lenses CLAd. The 35 Summilux V2 I have had for 40 years came back feeling almost new, I also had a 135 Tele-Elmar that I bought for $100 in October cleaned up. Unfortunately for the M3 which was in for shutter brake adjustment, seems the said brakes are very worn, but with DS M3s they are part of the camera chassis and can't be replaced. So Youxin said to keep the shutter speeds down below 1/500.

I think I could live with 1/500.  Fast action might prove a challenge but that's ok.  I live between 1/125 and 1/500.  Glad to hear the lenses came back in such great condition.  

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had my first little "photo walk" with my "new" M3. To shoot this is like nothing else! I had a light meeter with me, but used it only for a few shots and tried to "gestimate" the rest. Turned out pretty well as for exposure I think, at least for a first time try Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  Both film and development was also new this day, so it was some risk involved Hello gue

This was a guilt free purchase, my wife said "well you need different cameras for different purposes" --- I really didn't hear much after the word need. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

I love my M3 too!     Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  Regards,   Arturo

Posted Images

M3 + Books
M246 Macro-Elmar-M
Thanks to Wattsy for sharing shots of book references. My M3 newly restored.

6 hours ago, Ernest said:

M3 + Books
M246 Macro-Elmar-M
Thanks to Wattsy for sharing shots of book references. My M3 newly restored.

Really beautiful camera and lens Ernest. Congratulations. :))

Edited by Bo-Sixten
  • 2 months later...

What a beautiful combination.  May I give a little advice:  Attaching the carrying strap with keyrings or any metal device wears thought the strap-eyelets on the camera body which in the case of the M3 are irreplaceable, and on others are replaced with stainless steel eyelets.  My solution is to use blind-cord.

3 hours ago, hektor said:

What a beautiful combination.  May I give a little advice:  Attaching the carrying strap with keyrings or any metal device wears thought the strap-eyelets on the camera body which in the case of the M3 are irreplaceable, and on others are replaced with stainless steel eyelets.  My solution is to use blind-cord.

Interesting concept.  We don't see the back of the camera but I assume there are simple knots behind the eyelets.  I flunked knot tying in Cub Scouts but I'm sure you have sturdy knots.  How do you keep the cord from irritating your neck/shoulders?  

Advertisement (gone after registration)

20 hours ago, Leicasb314 said:

Just added this double stroke to my collection. Along with 35mm f3,5 summaron and 50mm summicron DR

Beautiful camera.  And that Sergio Larrain book is terrific too.

29 minutes ago, RayD28 said:

How do you keep the cord from irritating your neck/shoulders?  

Hello Ray.  It doesn't irritate my neck or shoulders, in fact I like the way, when slung over one shoulder, it cuts in a little and doesn't slip off as does a leather or fabric strap.

48 minutes ago, Leicasb314 said:

thank you! Sergio is one of my favorites 😀

Mine too.  I have that book and 'Valparaiso'.   A new edition of 'London' has recently been released, I'll probably pick that up as well.

Am 1.3.2021 um 17:05 schrieb hektor:

I did this in college using macrame cord, could get any color you wanted😉. Problem with it is unless you have a shirt with a collar it eats into you neck. On my M8 I have a strap that has short pieces on cord to attach to the eyelets, but has a wide leather strap for around the neck.

• 2 months later...

Great fast modern glass with vintage look in combination with the best rangefinder film camera ever made. What else is there to say?

Photo taken with Leica M-E 240 and Leica 50/2 Summicron pre-ASPH

On 3/2/2021 at 12:37 PM, RayD28 said:

How do you keep the blind cord from irritating your neck/shoulders?  

It doesn't.  I prefer it cutting in to my shoulder rather than slipping off as do leather and other straps.  Otherwise use a leather case with the nose removed:

• 3 weeks later...

I started my Leica journey this year in Journey after buying a Leica SL2S along with the 24-90 APO Summicron. As much as I love that camera there was something about the M system that I wouldn’t stop looking around for one. Yesterday, I finally pulled the trigger and bought a Leica M3. Still need to head out for the first shot but this one puts a smile on my face every time I hold on to it. This by no means is perfect, the top plate has a few scratches from the light meter apparently, and a few minor signs of use, but, isn’t that what gives the M3 some character anyway. I’ll be pairing it up with my Voigtlander 50mm 1.2 till such time I am able to find a Leica glass for it.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Sllmhjn said:

I started my Leica journey this year in Journey after buying a Leica SL2S along with the 24-90 APO Summicron. As much as I love that camera there was something about the M system that I wouldn’t stop looking around for one. Yesterday, I finally pulled the trigger and bought a Leica M3. Still need to head out for the first shot but this one puts a smile on my face every time I hold on to it. This by no means is perfect, the top plate has a few scratches from the light meter apparently, and a few minor signs of use, but, isn’t that what gives the M3 some character anyway. I’ll be pairing it up with my Voigtlander 50mm 1.2 till such time I am able to find a Leica glass for it.

Congrats, welcome to the club. That's the M Club, not exclusively the M3 Club since I don't have a 3.

Edited by Topsy
On 5/31/2021 at 2:31 AM, Sllmhjn said:

Very nice.  Almost all of them have the slight scratches where the Leicameter was mounted.  These scratches are hardly visible in my experience.  To get a totally clean one without any marks you will pay a lot more, and have extra worry about causing any slight blemishes that will devalue the camera.

• 3 weeks later...