Advertisement (gone after registration)

New (repaint) Leica M3 made with R4 2.0 50 mm Kodak Color

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

• 2 months later...
On 3/9/2020 at 2:07 PM, gbealnz said:

I'm back with another one.

I tried to get an a la carte M-A with exactly the look of your M3, but Leica was having none of it, so I had to settle for an off-the-shelf black chrome M-A. Oh, don't throw me in that briar patch; I love the M-A, no matter. Too bad no black paint was available, though. Still, it would have been special to get a "Gary" model.

• Like 4

Dr. Paul Wolff + My M3 (back from a lengthy CLA)
M-A Macro-Elmar-M Portra 400

• Like 10

22 hours ago, Ernest said:

I tried to get an a la carte M-A with exactly the look of your M3, but Leica was having none of it, so I had to settle for an off-the-shelf black chrome M-A. Oh, don't throw me in that briar patch; I love the M-A, no matter. Too bad no black paint was available, though. Still, it would have been special to get a "Gary" model.

An M-A with that finish would be terrific. I have a black chrome model as well and can't complain.  Still a beautiful camera. 

27 minutes ago, logan2z said:

An M-A with that finish would be terrific. I have a black chrome model as well and can't complain.  Still a beautiful camera. 

Oh, yes, and then there's the 25th anniversary of the Leica Vienna shop with the Leica Hammertone M-A fitted with an MR-4 meter, also hammertone, and silver Noctilux-M 1:0.95 50mm ASPH. Limited edition, only 25, clocking in at $26,500. With a BC M-A and my silver M3 out of the shop, I've got a couple of work horses, although I really lust after that silver M-A (for backup, ha, ha, ha).

Thanks for your awesome Social Landscape Photography website.

Edited by Ernest

I aquired my first M3 last week and can't stop fondling it. The engineering is second to none.

The picture shows a couple of other meisterstuck items that please me greatly.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, 35mmview said:

I aquired my first M3 last week and can't stop fondling it. The engineering is second to none.

Congrats, I've been thinking about picking up an M3 too. It might be time. 

Oh, and nice Speedmaster Pro.  I love mine also. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have an issue focusing current M lenses on my newly overhauled M3 . The rangefinder doesn’t show focusing closer than 3 feet with my Macro–Elmar–M. It’s the same for the APO-Summicron-M 50, the Summilux-M 50 BC, the Summicron-M 35 BC, and the Summaron-M 28. The only lenses that show focusing in the rangefinder for all distances are the Thambar-M, my original DR Summicron, and goggle Summicron 35. I have no problem with any of these lenses on my M-A, so I wonder what the issue is with the M3. 

Guest Nowhereman

@Ernest - not sure I follow. Most M3 cameras (except perhaps the early ones) can be adjusted to focus to 0.7m by straightening an (extra) lever in the throat of the camera that stops the roller arm coming out further, see here — and I believe there is also a thread on this in LUF, but I haven't searched for it. I had it done in Paris at Leica Suffren, while waiting for two minutes: it's such a minor thing that they wouldn't charge for doing it. 

Edited by Nowhereman

Late double-edged twins finally brought together. The first born sibling have been waiting for this momement, now very amused 🙂

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Kongsbak said:

Late double-edged twins finally brought together. The first born sibling have been waiting for this momement, now very amused 🙂

Love that black M3.  I may need one 😊

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Kongsbak said:

Consecutive serial numbers, would be cool to hear the story. Assuming 1135 263 is a repaint? (Nothing wrong with that mind you). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2020 at 2:46 PM, 35mmview said:

Why do we all seem to collect nice watches and fountain pens to go with our Leica equipment, before I joined this forum I thought it was just me 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geoff Marshall said:

Why do we all seem to collect nice watches and fountain pens to go with our Leica equipment, before I joined this forum I thought it was just me 🙂

I don't collect pens but I do collect watches, and also have a Speedmaster Professional.  Maybe we need a 'Show your watches' thread somewhere on the forum. 

Edited by logan2z
  • Like 1