Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, Michael Hiles said:

Youxin Yee in Canton Mass. has worked on my M3 and M2. Great work, quick turn around, reasonable prices. 

Thanks Michael!

Ed.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Topsy said:

Nice set, I particularly like the black one.

Hi Topsy, thanks. The top two are early single strokes (1958 and 1959), so spring return mechanism. The bottom one is a late 1965 model. You might notice detail differences, like the rewind lever lengths and the lugs...

Edited by 105012

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, 105012 said:

Hi Topsy, thanks. The top two are early single strokes (1958 and 1959), so spring return mechanism. The bottom one is a late 1965 model. You might notice detail differences, like the rewind lever lengths and the lugs...

Thanks, I toyed with the idea of an M3 for a while but in the end went for an M2 because I prefer the 35mm FOV, this one came with the collapsing 50mm but I use it with a 35 most of the time.

Forgive the intrusion of an M2 into the M3 thread.

Edited by Topsy
Added apology

Am 8.10.2019 um 22:06 schrieb Penzes:

Espresso Danesi Doppio by István Pénzes, on Flickr

The M3 😍 is nothing special but what brand of coffee is this?     😇

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 hours ago, analog-digital said:

Nothing wrong with the M3 or m6 /just keep on improving with your black and white skills which is the way to go I keep trying,—cheers

@spero pa

You didn't understand the joke. It was just a joke. I just asked (seriously) about the coffee .......

Or did I not understand you now?

Your M3 is beautiful.

Hi! After years and years of grinding away at college, post-grad, and dreaming of that first paycheck/purchase, I finally got it!! Here's my early 1955 M3 DS with the Voigtlander 50mm f3.5 Heliar

2 hours ago, kdo said:

Hi! After years and years of grinding away at college, post-grad, and dreaming of that first paycheck/purchase, I finally got it!! Here's my early 1955 M3 DS with the Voigtlander 50mm f3.5 Heliar

Congratulations.  That's a fine looking outfit.  Deferred gratification is a bitch but a lovely one once you reach her.  For me forty years ago, it was either a Kenwood receiver and JBL speakers and a Technics turntable, or an Olympus OM-2 with 50mm 1.4 Zuiko kit lens.  The stereo system won, but the camera came a few months later.  I sold the stereo equipment a couple of years later but i still have the camera and lenses.  Used it to chronicle my two daughters growing up.  Don't use them much since bitten by the Leica bug, but I'll never part with them.  Your's looks like a keeper and hope you have many years and good experiences together.  I've used my M3 the last four weekends and I'm always amazed by it's ergonomics and buttery smooth operations.  

You made a good choice.  Best wishes.  

12 hours ago, kdo said:

Lovely M3, congrats kdo! That lens has fine optics as well.

On 3/5/2020 at 12:01 AM, kdo said:

Welcome to the forum! And that must be a succesful entry, with that beautiful M# and the Heliar. I am sure you will enjoy it a lot!

Lex

On 3/5/2020 at 10:01 AM, kdo said:

Don't forget to use a lens-hood with this lens.

Posted (edited)
Am 1.3.2020 um 11:25 schrieb analog-digital:

Brand is Danesi, blend calls Doppio. I love it!

Edited by Penzes

After my first M6 in 2002, I got M9 in 2010, and two M10 in 2019. I love all M and finally manage to get this one.

and I love my M3 too (both camera and ///M3).