Name this car....

Advertisement (gone after registration)

this seems a bit more difficult than I anticipated.  Here's a full image, with the logo cloned out:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok folks here is your next one. A production car, albeit not in huge numbers. Usual info required marque and model. I think it stayed looking the same throughout its quite long production life so year not so relevant. 

Wilson

• Like 1

I will put you out of your misery, it is a Zonda S. It was bought by my sister-in-law after a very good lunch with Sig. Pagani. My brother asked me to drive it a couple of days after this photo was taken. I thought it was a horrible car, basically a road-ised version of a Group C race car. The air conditioning was from the era of Italian supercars where the A/C was as powerful as a butterfly's fart and with the black carbon roof, one was cooked to well done after 10 minutes on a sunny day (I believe the A/C compressor came out of a Fiat Panda). The clutch was heavy, the brakes were heavy and too front biased and it really did not seem that fast to me. It might have been a tiny bit faster than my Ruf engined 996 (the silver car in the foreground with 560BHP and 750 Nm of torque - a very quick if rather scary car- too much power for the chassis and steel brakes) but nothing like as fast as the Pagani's supposed 700 BHP might suggest. The gearchange was sticky and heavy. When I told my brother and sister-in-law, what I thought, their reply was:"so it wasn't just us" The car was sold on within the month. 

So many of these Italian super/hyper cars are very disappointing when you drive them and just the occasional one, which you expect to be not very good, turns out to be lovely, e.g the Ferrari 599 Aperta and the Ferrari Roma. 

I think that Philip should be next, as he guessed Pagani and the only model range of that era was the Zonda in its various guises. 

Wilson

• Like 3