Name this car....

Advertisement (gone after registration)

15 hours ago, Rona!d said:

Seems there comes no "full photo" but we all know how the new RR looks.

I´ll post the next this evening latest.

Sorry - holiday weekend and I am recovering from surgery…I will post the full image later.

Thank you, Ronald.

I do remember seeing a few Novas and Pumas back in the days when I had my '59 ragtop Beetle and used to follow the VW circuit - mainly in a hunt for 'bits' to keep the car running - but that must be 25 years ago now. How time flies.

At the moment I'm sitting in a railway station (with a ticket...etc.) so will post something when I get home.

Philip.

• Like 1

@Rona!d I lusted after one of those when I was a wee nipper, then someone got me the Lamborghini Countach poster for a birthday present and the Nova went out the window. 

Ahhh the memories. 🤔

Edited by OThomas

vor einer Stunde schrieb OThomas:

@Rona!d I lusted after one of those when I was a wee nipper, then someone got me the Lamborghini Countach poster for a birthday present and the Nova went out the window. 

Ahhh the memories. 🤔

As a kid I collected car brochures. I ordered and got the brochure of the original Countach LP400 from Lamborghini back in the 1970s. Never had one of the NOVA 😉

My dad replaced the letter coming with it and announced that a factory testdriver along with a sales rep will visit me (the kid) with a test car. Well, after 2 weeks I knew it was a fake letter. Decades later I got a personal testdrive with Lamborghini ex-chief testdriver Valentino Balboni plus several own track tests on a winter training F1 track. Late revenge to my dad who couldn´t believe it.

• Like 1

OK; here's the next beauty.

Manufacturer and model, please, as usual. I won't require the exact model nor year as I don't think I can tell, myself, from what I can see of the whole thing...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Philip.

Crikey; that didn't take long! But wait a minute...NO, Andreas, it's NOT a Renault Alpine - nor even an Alpine Renault - as, myself, I learned when I was being given a light-hearted dressing-down by the owner for having called it as such!......:lol:......But yes; you are of course correct in that it's one of the new-style (2017-present) Alpine A110 models.

I did try to choose a crop which might have caused some slight confusion but clearly you were not fooled in the slightest! Well Played and over to you for the next one.

A few snaps of the whole. This wouldn't have been my first choice of finish but I suspect it has just been given a 'Vinyl Wrap';

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Philip.

• Like 3

I think it is the A110S, the sharpest one (due to the special color and the orange brake calipers - would have been tougher in b/w). 

You are of course right on the Renault part but ...

Edited by a.j.z
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, a.j.z said:

I think it is the A110S, the sharpest one (due to the special color and the orange brake calipers - would have been tougher in b/w)...

I think you could well be correct, Andreas. For some reason (here in the UK) things have changed quite dramatically in Alpine's on-line 'Configurator' since I first 'played' with configuring MY (in my dreams) Alpine a couple of years ago. It would be interesting to see what happens if I try again when I'm in France later this summer.

I've been a bit of a fan of the new A110 since it was launched. A few years ago they did a special-run of special-colours (100 cars in each special-hue?) which almost all sold-out within a few months. Many of them IIRC were 'Heritage Colours' and were fantastic! It was like being back in the late '60s / early '70s; before every car was either Black, Silver or White...

These days if I'm taking the family to France by car we take the early morning Newhaven - Dieppe ferry crossing. The first time we travelled by this rouote I was amazed to see an Alpine body-shell mounted in the middle of a roundabout. It was only on my return that Google informed me Alpine was a Dieppe maker. Live and Learn!

I could go on (and on) about the 'original' A110 but I've already posted one here - a genuine ex-rally example to boot - so will stop now before it's too late!

Philip.

Edited by pippy
  • Like 2

Both my brother and sister-in-law have one of the new type Alpines each. My brother went and tried the S but decided he preferred to keep his standard one. They both are very enthusiastic over their Alpines. He has just been told that the Boxster GTS he has had on order for close to a year, is not going to be built this year either. The motor industry really is in a mess. 

Wilson

• Like 2

I recall the original A110 and even A310 from hillclimbs and mountain rallyes my dad was part of. A110 always fascinated me when I was a kid. We also had a Renault 5 Cup racer of a neighbour in the garage/workshop.

Later in the 1980s and 1990s there was an A110 enthusiast club with frequent meetings in our local mountains. What an exciting opportunity to drive in one and what a pleasure to drive fast in a group of 8-10 A110s.

Well, good old times will never come back. Anyone ready for an electrifying Prius meeting? Haha.

• Haha 4