Name this car....

vor 9 Minuten schrieb a.j.z:

No Tatra this time. I wonder, if the third headlight is a standard feature?

For THIS car yes 😉

Next hint: My records say it has three sisters which follow the same design principle but look different.

All had the same 1930s chassis. At least two have survived. The chassis’s donor car  had a long tradition and was available in different body styles from convertible to roadsters to streamline coupes etc.

The car in question has about 80 hp and the special 4 gear gearbox is from another famous pre-war car maker which today is related to the donor car (chassis) maker.

Update: Today two other (different looking) sister cars are known, so in total three of the four allegedly made. The car in question lost a lot of the original ugly thick side chrome trim strips during the decades and it´s restauration in the 1980s.

Final sprint, gents, otherwise I´ll name It tonight.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Ronald! As we all seem to be struggling ever so slightly(!) with this puzzler would it be possible, before the Final Reveal, for you to say which was its country of origin so that we might indulge in a spot of 'Sherlocking' just for the fun of it?...

Philip.

Could it be by Spohn? - They made a few GI specials in the immediate post-war period that evoked US styling and this definitely fits the bill - bulbous "hood", trendy centre headlamp, convertible body etc etc....???

What I can't track down is any images but they are definitely recorded as doing rebodying work and then later went on to make some Brooks Stevens designs...

Edited by NigelG

vor einer Stunde schrieb NigelG:

Could it be by Spohn? - They made a few GI specials in the immediate post-war period that evoked US styling and this definitely fits the bill - bulbous "hood", trendy centre headlamp, convertible body etc etc....???

What I can't track down is any images but they are definitely recorded as doing rebodying work and then later went on to make some Brooks Stevens designs...

Not a Spohn body and not even a GI special in this case as the guy who ordered the car was a german from Hamburg if I recall right.