Name this car....

Advertisement (gone after registration)

OK, so a normal Fiat Topolino. Not sure if there would have been any differences in the shown crop to the french license make Simca Cinq which I also had in mind (those are pretty rare nowadays compared to the italian version).

Philip, that beetle with the rare window is really an interesting one.

Will post the next car this sunday.

• Thanks 1

After a hot day in the (kids) pool and some bbq here the next riddle car. Maker and model, extra points for the coachbuilder.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Not a Ferrari, Wilson. Thank you for starting. Here another generous crop.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

One more:

Hmmm. Here the next and final generous "crop". Up from here I could only feed you with information.

After the last crop  at least we know for sure it's not a Tucker, which is one of the very few other cars I know of with a center-mounted head light.

The last crop shows three the little decorative portholes in the rather bulbous hood, and that feature, along with some other design elements ( 'suicide doors', the shape of the soft top, the well-defined grille opening and the selection of lights and various hardware ) reminds me of some of the late 1940s pininfarina studies Battista did for FIAT,  who were trying to break into more luxurious markets with larger engines and chassis. Most of those also used steel wheels as opposed to the more standard wire wheels.

Other than that I don't have a definitive manufacturer or model in mind.

JZG

What a strange one -  the rear looks like a 1940 Lincoln Continental, the tiny portholes on the edge of the bonnet make me think of a Buick of the sae era.  the three headlights are not a Tucker, Austin A90 nor Tartra that I know of.   Hmmm.

OK, so the maker is well known in the classic car world. It has a chassis from the 1930s and got professionally rebodied in 1949/50 by a coachbuilder who made very famous cars which partly reach super premium prices today. It is a premium car with some interesting technical features. In reality it is larger than it probably appears in my photos. In the late 1940s early 1950s it wasn‘t uncommon to modernize the body of such cars.

Back now from travelling and donning a “thinking cap”

It’s not immediately familiar but has some ‘echoes’ …pinning down the coachbuilder from the styling cues is the first step. An intruiging puzzle car!  🤔

vor 1 Minute schrieb wlaidlaw:

There is a Talbot Lago T26 with three headlights by Figoni and 6 cylinders but I am not sure this is it. 

Wilson

Correct Wilson. It is not 🙃

Knew this car will be fun. Had been shown on concours, so not impossible to know it.