Name this car....

2 hours ago, Rona!d said:

It shares the technic of a well known CAR and the man behind it has a family name of a very well known and most respected CAR maker and it has been made in a famous CAR city. Plus at least one had been auctioned on a well known classic CAR auction for big money. So it is much closer to a CAR than to a truck.

Hi Rona!d - just to be clear, as it’s hard to convey subtlety / nuance on the internet, I wasn’t complaining about the minor digression  - it’s quite literally diverting - I was lamenting my own lack of knowledge about most trucks. Most of mine comes from Airfix / Tamiya models and catalogues from my youth.

That being said the mounting of the spare at the front seems very familiar…

• Thanks 1

The rear:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

And a more generous crop from behind and the sideline:

As promised here in it´s full glory.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ferves Ranger, made in Turin by Carlo Ferrari.

Ferrari is the plural of Ferraro (Blacksmith in Italian), so a very common name. The company name FERVES comes from FERrari VEicoli Speciali.

And here a link to the 2019 Monterey RM Sotheby´s auction where it nearly hit the 200.000,-$ sound barrier. In 2020 they found another 2WD example which was below 50.000,-$. I guess after the 2019 auction result many people remembered their Ranger and the hype started.

It is made from parts of the FIAT 500 and 600.

• Like 1

I thought it was quite amusing presenting you guys SUCH a Ferrari 😉

As Wilson previously mentioned the Puch Haflinger, I´d like to share a most entertaining Steyr-Puch Haflinger promotion film from 1962 (you can forward to 5:42 min. for the driving scenes). Apologize for the poor quality, but the off-road abilities of the Haflinger are shown to perfection here in this film. I always loved it since I saw it climb like a moutain goat in Austria and Switzerland when I was a little kid. Maybe it could be a good substitute for the big Unimog my wife wouldn´t permit me to buy. I saw one in our little village, maybe I should ask the owner for a test drive.

Over to you, Wilson!

• Thanks 1

Since we seem to be having a little break away from cars at the moment, here is my next mystery vehicle. Marque, model and approximate year please. 

Wilson