Name this car....

po

3 hours ago, Charles Morgan said:

It's not a Frazer Nash to the left - it's an Aston Martin Ulster.

Apologies Charles.  Don't know why I wrote that.  The original slide is titled Aston Martin & ??? MM 2013.  Must have had a "seniors moment".

The "car on the right" is usually seen without the hood erected.  Some have covered driving wheels.

4 hours ago, Rona!d said:

BMW 328 Roadster

Correct Ronald

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

Good morning Rona!d.

Agreed.  My favourite sports car of the thirties, and I have tried a few.  A friend of mine had the 328 (which I was able to drive at Phillip Island in 1978) and which had won the 1948 Australian Grand Prix at Point Cook, an RAAF air-force base in Victoria.  A recent edition of The Automobile had an excellent article by Delwyn Mallett.  Until the eighties, when investors started buying collectible cars, we could buy many of the greats for the price of a modern; maybe a fraction more.  Sadly not today.  Today I could not afford or would not want to afford buying many of the cars of my past.

• Like 4

Advertisement (gone after registration)

OK, here the next one. Generous crop of nearly the whole car.

Maker and model please.

Here the front side. During the German occupation the French had very limited access to gasoline. So Peugeot built this little electric vehicle called "VLV" (= Voiture Lègére de Ville). It was mainly used to keep the transportation infrastructure alive (Post, Doctors etc.). 377 (!!!) cars made between 1941 and 1945. 1.3 to 3.5 hp (3.5 h.p. for a very short time, like booster mode at modern electrics). 80 kms range with 4 x 12 Volt batteries in row. Could be charged at any standard wall plug.

So Peugeot built one of the first serial made electric "roadsters", long before Tesla´s Lotus!

• Like 1

Yes, I saw an article about the auction.

How about something newer than a WWII vehicle?

Too easy, but after 7 + hours of no responses I'm beginning to wonder.

Could we be looking at a 1960 Cadillac Convertible ?  I'm not sure about the model however, since the Series 62, the Deville and the Eldorado all looked pretty much the same to my eyes in the crop / view shown above.

JZG

You got it John - the view of the '60 tail fin through the side then rear window is the tip off.

• Like 1

Stuart, please forgive the delay, but my wife Mary recently had succesful cataract surgery, however during the healing process the eye developed a 'retinal pucker', which has not responded to medication and will require further surgery. The ophtalmologists's office called today and advised there's an opening first thing Tuesday morning due to a cancellation, and Mary wants to take advantage of this opportunity to get this behind her & restore normal vision.

If anyone else has car they can post, please have at it since I'll be out of pocket looking after Mary.

Thank you,

JZG

The funny thing is that I thought of this car (details like fin through the window/air intake under the windscreen) but was irretated by the height offset in the side chrome trim which should be inline (on one level) from the front fender to the door and to the rear fender. So I thought this must be a different car. I completely forgot that it is a US car of the 1950s/60s where only in brochures or at super restored cars this looks like it should look. Cadillac/premium or not 😉

• Haha 2

John - Best to Mary for the follow-up surgery today, and please let us know how it went.

Ronald - Considering that none of the US carmakers of that era cold even spell quality control, I'd agree with you, but I suspect this particular trim alignment issue is due to damage - Note the slight bend not far from the front of the rear trim piece

19 hours ago, John Z. Goriup said:

Stuart, please forgive the delay, but my wife Mary recently had succesful cataract surgery, however during the healing process the eye developed a 'retinal pucker', which has not responded to medication and will require further surgery. The ophtalmologists's office called today and advised there's an opening first thing Tuesday morning due to a cancellation, and Mary wants to take advantage of this opportunity to get this behind her & restore normal vision.

If anyone else has car they can post, please have at it since I'll be out of pocket looking after Mary.

Thank you,

JZG

Hello John,

It is good that you are here for her. A speedy recovery for Mary & all of the best for both of you.

Best Regards,

Michael

Edited by Michael Geschlecht

Thank you, Michael....all went well, Mary is fine & I even found the time and what I think is an interesting car to post.

Nota bene, this thing was not built to be nor did it start out as a race car, rather, the gent who inherited this car after his father, the original purchaser passed, decided to keep it in the family, restore it and turn it into a very capable vintage racer that soon became the bane of many a Mustang 350 Shelby - Cobra.

JZG