Name this car....

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, pippy said:

Volvo XC70?

Philip.

RIGHT !   Up to you... (had a V70 before,,, in the picture, the black plastic covering around front wheel is the only difference...) 

I didn't find anything better than going out of home at my car...  🙄 (with  cellphone... but Huawei P20 with Leica/branded lens... 😎)

Edited by luigi bertolotti
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you, Luigi.

Going back to something a bit more 'vintage' this time. I hasten to add that this is not my car......

Usual info or thereabouts will suffice!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Philip.

The timeframe is right (straddled the late '70s and early '80s) but not an Alfa.

I'll be quite lenient as far as exact model-number is concerned as there was a huge number of detail differences produced on different vehicles from different years and for different markets.

I'll post another snap!

Philip.

Philip.

Edited by pippy

vor 6 Stunden schrieb pippy:

Volvo XC70?

Philip.

Congratulations Philip!

I wasn´t sure when Volvo renamed the Cross Country into XC and switched the number and letters from V70 XC (X=Cross, C=Country) into XC 70. From the dash-design I had the same car in mind.

Had not many test cars from Volvo, mainly the stylish small ones I liked and the old C70 Cabriolet (UNDERESTIMATED coming classic, too many people are hyping the SAAB cabriolets).

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, thomasstellwag said:

looks quite much as a Datsun...Sunny 120 I guess...

That'l do nicely, Thomas!

This particular vehicle is actually badged as a Datsun 120Y but, as I mentioned earlier, each market had slightly different 'needs' and it was known as a Sunny in some countries.

Whole thing in all it's glory..."A Thing of Beauty is a Joy Forever!"...

Philip.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rona!d said:

...I wasn´t sure when Volvo renamed the Cross Country into XC and switched the number and letters from V70 XC...

A few of my clients are in the antiques world and the Volvo estates have always been a bit of a running joke as so many dealers have used them over the decades. One of 'mine' lives out in the sticks and has just such a car to cope with the winters here but I admit I wasn't terribly up on when the name-change happened myself.

Very capable performers!

Philip.

• Like 1

It would take me an evening of research how MY personal japanese classic car collection would look like (except a Toyota 2000 GT Coupe, the 2000 GT Bond convertible, Datsun Z 240/260 along with the Mazda 110 Cosmo and early Celicas and tiny hot Honda chaindriven coupes/roadsters)

Would be fun to think about though.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Rona!d said:

It would take me an evening of research how MY personal japanese classic car collection would look like (except a Toyota 2000 GT Coupe, the 2000 GT Bond convertible, Datsun Z 240/260 along with the Mazda 110 Cosmo and early Celicas and tiny hot Honda chaindriven coupes/roadsters)

Would be fun to think about though.

It certainly would!

Funny you mention the 240Z, Ronald; when I was in my early-mid teens these beasts (in the link below) were very much at the heart of things and, after they had hung up their race-numbers, were frequently featured in the likes of 'Classic and Sporstcar' and 'Thoroughbred and Classic Car' magazines;

https://www.samurimotorcompany.com/history-of-samuri-motor-company

I've always had a soft spot for the Honda S800 coupe's myself (and have shown at least one in this very thread!).

Philip.

Edited by pippy
  • Thanks 1

I know the brand and a circa date of built, but I need our classic  racing car group to define the type. Made the pictures some years ago at a car meeting in Bad König (Germany)