Name this car....

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Another

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by hektor

Not an Hispano-Suiza and British not withstanding the Lucas headlights.  Being right-hand drive I suspect it was exported to and first sold in Britain, from where in the fifties it emigrated to Melbourne.

Edited by hektor

None of the suggestions.  I am surprised.  Gentlemen, it is 11:27 p.m. here, so I am off to bed to read Greenway Down among the Wild Men, essential reading if one wants to understand the Australian aboriginals.  Tomorrow morning, if no one has identified the car I will provide a clue no one could mistake.  Have fun.

• Thanks 1

I thought Hektor said no to Mercedes. That was my first guess, given the very straight bonnet to body line, absolutely typical of  early to mid 1930's Mercs. I am not sure it is big enough for a 770, which is why I went for the more common 290 (I thought the radiator too upright for the later 320). There is a certain generic look to this period's cabriolets unless you have a clear view of the radiator. I have lost track - has anyone guessed a 1932 Maybach Zeppelin? 

Wilson

Nobody mentioned Maybach. Considered Maybach as next option if 770 fails but not Zeppelin I think. Another model would be my guess.

Agree that a 770 might be too big, but they made two (!) shorter B Cabriolets of which I have a photograph which would fit very well with the riddle car. That rarity was the reason I mentioned it so late. Virtually impossible but who knows.

I have two more possible makers if we all fail. Agree with you, so many body makers, so similar from the side view. Often the grille makes the face and identity.

This is even more complicated than my Glas GT which was fun. I guess hektor enjoys this a lot 😉

vor 22 Minuten schrieb hektor:

No.  I asked Rona!d whether he meant Benz (pre 1926) or implied Mercedes-Benz.

Have a look at Herbert Lozier [1967] page 337.

Don‘t have that book here (which implements K or S-type). But I mentioned my final option above (without having the car of kings book).

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Sindelfinger Karosserie

Edited by hektor