Name this car....

vor 36 Minuten schrieb NigelG:

Hmmm.... 

looking for a carrozeria working outside of Italy, keen on chrome detailing ( I don’t think Zagato or Bertone - they would keep that detail body-painted I think) so maybe Frua, Ghia or Vignale???

So maybe Frua, Ghia or Vignale? Yes, maybe influenced but not necessarily physically made by one of those.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Rona!d:

What you see is Italian made. What you don´t see is not.

So you mean The engine is not Italian, like for example in an Iso Rivolta (altough it must be another one because the air intake looks different)?

Edited by a.j.z

vor 1 Stunde schrieb a.j.z:

So you mean The engine is not Italian, like for example in an Iso Rivolta (altough it must be another one because the air intake looks different)?

Engine not Italian is correct. Not an ISO Rivolta also correct.

Hmm, I looked at the usual suspects and went as far as Intermeccanica (or even Apollo) but as far as I can see the air intake is different on all of them. Is the one shown on the picture standard for this car?

vor 4 Minuten schrieb a.j.z:

Hmm, I looked at the usual suspects and went as far as Intermeccanica (or even Apollo) but as far as I can see the air intake is different on all of them. Is the one shown on the picture standard for this car?

Not Intermeccanica and the air intake is standard for the car.

And the car is not a one off prototype, a couple were made. You can even call it serial made.

In the many suggestions mentioned before the design company involved had been mentioned (I will not say which one as too many were suggested in just one posting) but not the carrozzeria which built them physically.

One more hint: The company which built the body also made bodies for Lancia.