Name this car....

I, for one, am very pleased that we had the Peerless.

Probably 30+ years ago I did once understand the relationships between Peerless, Warwick and Gordon-Keeble and had clearly forgotten (almost) everything I had learned. Having had the desire to remind myself of 'how it all worked' and googled the linked story behind all three marques I'm now in a position where it can all be forgotten once again!

Cheers!

Philip.

• Haha 1

in the mid 1960's, after the family textile factories and businesses had been sold, my father was lining up to buy the ex-Autocar road test Gordon Keeble. My brother and I came back from university to find he had changed his mind and bought a new Ruddspeed Volvo 123GT instead. We were not pleased!

Wilson

• Haha 2

And here the next one. As can be seen a bit older.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I will stick my neck out and say that I believe we're looking at a '37 or '38 Horch 853 cabriolet with Erdmann & Rossi coachwork; the reason I may sound somewhat less than completely certain is that most of the 853 Erdmanns I've seen were more upscale and luxurious.... with covers over the spare tire(s) and more bling.

JZG

Here the full car for final identification.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

I often wondered why Horch stuck with those cheap looking bolt on wire wheels. It is not as if the cars were cheap. To my eyes they somewhat detract from the look of what were often the prettiest of all German 1930's cabriolets. I would actually prefer steel disc wheels to those. Would that be an 830BL model with a V8 rather than straight eight? I think the V8 Horch cars are nicer to drive than the big Mercedes cabriolets 380/500/540K of the same period, albeit considerably slower. 

Wilson