Name this car....

In that case, how about this one:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The headmaster of the school I was at in the late 1950's had one of these. Rather like my aunt's Daimler, you could hear the fluid flywheel coming from about half a mile away. 

Wilson

5 hours ago, hektor said:

Armstrong Siddeley Hurricane 1946–1953

Correct.  And, if I recall correctly, the first new model to be introduced by any British carmaker after WWII (or, if I don't recall correctly, the second) - and very nice cars they are too:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jim J said:

Wilson is correct.  It's an Austin 1800 ute and the car behind it (which wasn't part of the puzzle) is an Austin A55 (the older body style before the Farina version):

Oh dear.  I didn't look closely enough at the photo before posting that - the car behind the 1800 is a Farina Austin A40.

2 hours ago, hektor said:

Hyperbole to call it a "Hurricane".  With a two litre motor and nought to sixty m.p.h. in twenty two seconds it should have been branded "Gentle Breeze".

Will post something later today.

To be fair to Armstrong-Siddeley though, the names were chosen from names of aircraft that their parent company Hawker Siddeley manufactured during the war.  There were also the Whitley, Lancaster and Typhoon (which reminds me, there was a Typhoon FHC that I used to see quite a lot of at the local shops, but I haven't seen it for at least 10 years).  The utility version was based on the Whitley, with a rather spartan interior.

• Like 1

For all of you north of the equator, please note the sun-visors over the windscreens and the louvres in the rear windows.  In Australia at the time most cars did not have air-conditioning.  A few imported luxury cars did, but were rare.  Lord Carington (1919-2018), High Commissioner to Australia (1957-1959) brought with him a long-wheel base black Silver Cloud I with division.  Originally it had air-conditioning to the front and to the rear.  Carington had the front air-conditioning removed and sought a credit/refund from Rolls-Royce while the driver chauffer sweltered in the Australian summer heat.  Nice bloke!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hektor said:

Hyperbole to call it a "Hurricane".  With a two litre motor and nought to sixty m.p.h. in twenty two seconds it should have been branded "Gentle Breeze".

Will post something later today.

Maybe Hurricane referred to the howling noise of the fluid flywheel. My father said he looked at buying one not long after the end WW2 but could not live with the noise and the odd pre-selector gearbox. The Hurricane with mostly aluminium bodywork was not covered by the Labour Government of the period's steel body car purchase permit system, like the AC Buckland aluminium saloon my father did buy. I seem to remember my uncle had an Armstrong Siddeley at one point but I think it was the larger Mulliner bodied Whitley model. He was a man of very short stature standing at around 5 foot 2 inches but always had very large cars/limousines. 

Wilson

Apologies gentlemen.  Last week was busy.

21 hours ago, John Z. Goriup said:

First reaction would be a mid '60s FIAT, but looking at the door handle................I'm not so sure.

JZG

I am and I think I know what model as well but I have nothing to post being in between houses. I think that deep blue was inherited from Lancia, where it was one of their most common colours. Both my Fulvia 1300 HF coupé and the later 1600 HF were both in this colour. The Lancia Flavia coupé my father had ordered was also going to be dark blue but he cancelled it when the dealership in Aberdeen gave up the agency, so he would have had to go to Edinburgh or Glasgow to have it serviced, both a 340 mile round trip. He bought a Volvo 122 instead, which did not impress the 17 year old me. 

Wilson

My initial thought  was also Fiat 128 quattroporte saloon. First series (late 60s for the earliest?) before Fiat started adding buckets of black plastic behind their chrome details to make things more “modern”....inc the door handles.