Name this car....

I was guessing it was a Pegaso, but can anybody name this concours venue?

Photo was taken at 2003 Concorso Italiano (part of annual Monterey Historics). That year, and several since were on the grounds of the Quail - it has since been relocated (at least once). Car is a '50's-something Abarth - not sure which model. Small vehicle, but beautifully proportioned.

Photo was taken at 2003 Concorso Italiano (part of annual Monterey Historics). That year, and several since were on the grounds of the Quail - it has since been relocated (at least once).

We might have crossed paths, then. Did you happen to see or photograph a Le Mans Blue (Azzuro Le Mans) '74 Alfa GTV while you were there?

Edited by J_Thompson
spelling error

Guest suilvenman
So, who goes next? :)

Pete, I think it must be you - it definitely matches a Google image search for Abarth 205 - in fact, it could be the same car. Anyone disagree?

Cheers, Ken.

• Like 1

Steed- just the man, you should swing by here more often. These shots are for you; non Leica (can't wait for their digi-cams to make up their minds in a rushed situation). This is a very special car, currently insured for £8M, the one I'm sitting in; the other is slightly more expensive. ;)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

..... ???

Guest suilvenman
Steed- just the man, you should swing by here more often. These shots are for you; non Leica (can't wait for their digi-cams to make up their minds in a rushed situation). This is a very special car, currently insured for £8M, the one I'm sitting in; the other is slightly more expensive. ;)

Is that Ian Botham piloting the ₤8M!

Cheers, Ken.

Edited by suilvenman

Pete, I think it must be you - it definitely matches a Google image search for Abarth 205 - in fact, it could be the same car. Anyone disagree?

Cheers, Ken.

Ken,

That's what I thought too. ;)

Some folks here seem to be unclear on the "rules" :D.

So: to re-iterate- a photo is posted, the first person to correctly identify the car in question posts (in a reasonable time, say 48 hrs, ;)) a shot requiring identification. Should a suitable photo not be forthcoming within that reasonable time then it's up in the air for a bit, unless the thread-starter (me) choses to pitch in with a nomination, or suitable snap.

Therefore the next car to be identified is the one that I'm sitting in shown in post #110.

This is not a Leica shot (I did have two Leicas in my bag) but, hey, I was busy and the forum has been a bit dead lately, so if the admin want to take down this post, lets continue on the downward spiral. :cool:

That's one impressive dashboard and cockpit! Would this be a 4.5 liter Blower Bentley, maybe the Le Mans winner?

Too easy! :( It did not win but it had a good try!

Over to you. :)

Impressive provenance, Pete! Alrighty then, here's my contribution. This particular vehicle is a clay styling exercise that never made it into production. I don't know the year it was designed (2000s probably), but all we need is the name of the prospective marque. FWIW, It's neither a Bentley nor a Tata. :D There is a visual clue if you look carefully.