Name this car....

Ronald beat me to a reply. Additional information: I think this a Datsun 1600 Roadster.

Malcom, that´s interesting. I saw a late model so in my eyes it could also be a 2000. Which details make you sure it´s a 1600? I wasn´t sure, so just said "Datsun Roadster".

The complete name was "Datsun Sports 1600 SPL 311", in Japan "Datsun Fairlady 1600 SP311" or "Datsun Sports 2000 SRL 311", in Japan "Datsun Fairlady 2000 SR311".

Guest Benqui
A lot of brands died. When did this ... 1940´s, 50´s, 60´s, 70´s, 80´s, 90´s, later?

Was it an exotic brand with small numbers of production or a company which once was big?

The exotic ones I know, doesn´t seem to have such a dashboard.

I think it´s not one of these: De Soto, Hudson, Kaiser/Frazer-Nash, Tucker, Pontiac, Cadilliac, Chevrolet, Lincoln, Ford. Right?

The brand was founded in 1852 from a man with German forefathers from Solingen. Between 1920 and 1960 they produced many technical milestones. But financial problems arised and the enterprise had to stop its automobil production in 1966. And you were right. It is none of the brands you mentioned

Edited by Benqui

Guest Benqui
OK, not the brand was my problem, but the model. Would I be a "Champion" if I´d say "Studebaker"? ;)

Ronald,

yes you are the champion!!! Congratulations!!!

How on earth could you find this car? In Germany it is not easy to find and it was built only in 1947. It was called Champion Model 6G. The owner bought this car two years ago in Austria. This was the only Champion in Austria. The car was not bicolor as it is now.

You must have a special "i know every car in the world App".

Best regards

Marc

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Marc, I first thought of Studebaker as the brand quite early but failed to remember such a dashboard. The ´47 model is rare over here, most know its "Bullet Nose" successor (well known to our generation as the Formula 1 Music TV-Show car).

The dashboard looked like late 1940´s midclass car, but so many different models made. The chrome element you showed, later went from interieur to exterieur (see Bullet Nose) somehow - that I had in mind too.

With your "complete" story about the history of the company, you brought back my first thoughts and I had to dig a bit to be sure. Would have cost me much more thinking and research otherwise.

So no App like Shazam for music (which is not almighty, failed yesterday when I watched a japanese film with some interesting canadian background music).

Lord, my turn again, have to find something easy so others could participate much easier than last time.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

... maker and model please ...

wow, how exciting is this, fantastic.. when I was15 I used to go and watch Bentleys being built at a small factory in Cricklewood, London. I have been car mad since then & possibly before that but never realized the fact...If I’m not butting in heres 2 to think about!:rolleyes:

Welcome!

The right one is a Nissan Figaro.

The rules in this game are simple: Name the car and it´s your turn (to avoid too much confusion please don´t post cars if you haven´t guessed the last one right, thanks).

So please proceed with #1128, thanks.

Edited by Rona|d

Luigi, in this case I would prefer to wait a bit, before giving more details. This is not a too tough riddle, only experts can solve. I'm sure, some forum members have one in their garage (hmmmm, that was a first hint :eek:)

Edited by Rona|d