Name this car....

I'm surprised.  This should nail it.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

So it is an XE (recent model). It is indeed fascinating that without seeing the logo it gets more and more difficult to identify the brand. 

I remember a TV show: they parked three compacts side by side and only hid the logos. Almost nobody got it right.

Sorry to be slow - I'm in the middle of an arbitration hearing.

Here's the whole car.  I know this was a boring post, but I wanted to make the point made above - this is a Jaguar!  Switch the badge, and it could be a Toyota, a Honda or a Nissan.  BORING!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

1 hour ago, IkarusJohn said:

Sorry to be slow - I'm in the middle of an arbitration hearing.

Here's the whole car.  I know this was a boring post, but I wanted to make the point made above - this is a Jaguar!  Switch the badge, and it could be a Toyota, a Honda or a Nissan.  BORING!

I suspect this is part of the reason for the older car movement.  I prefer to drive an older car which is less aerodynamic and less fuel efficient because it has character; it is special, it is an event.   While waiting at traffic lights (the red ones) I can admire the instrument panel, a work of art in itself.

Edited by Oscar Merte
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Oscar Merte said:

I suspect this is part of the reason for the older car movement.  I prefer to drive an older car which is less aerodynamic and less fuel efficient because it has character; it is special, it is an event.   While waiting at traffic lights (the red ones) I can admire the instrument panel, a work of art in itself.

Agreed.  John's point is well made, however may I suggest we post "interesting cars", which when revealed are enjoyable to see and from which I for one might learn something.

4 minutes ago, hektor said:

Agreed.  John's point is well made, however may I suggest we post "interesting cars", which when revealed are enjoyable to see and from which I for one might learn something.

Ah, darn. I could post a picture of my youth-age car and if anyone identified it they would protest, "Real production cars, please!"