Name this car....

Guest suilvenman
Auburn? :rolleyes:

I see that you must have been looking at that rather becoming portrait of an Auburn about six down on the SLT thread, Pete.:D Sorry, not that.

Clues: the company went belly-up in the fifties by which time it was building mainly lorries; its name was partly used by a "rock" group in the 70's.

Cheers, Ken.

I see that you must have been looking at that rather becoming portrait of an Auburn about six down on the SLT thread, Pete.:D Sorry, not that.

Cheers, Ken.

Actually I've not seen that but when I was getting the Mini through the MoT test the other week a Speedster pulled in. Not something you see every day in the UK! :eek: No camera with me, of course.

I think our friend has got the answer. :)

Guest suilvenman

Advertisement (gone after registration)

John, you were correct, it's a 1928 REO Wolverine. Before I hand over to you, here's a shot of its front-end.

Cheers, Ken.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I've got to say, Ken, that without your two hints, I would never guessed it in a thousand years. And judging by the styling of that particular model, especially the front end, I can understand why they also made trucks / lorries.

Here's my brain-teaser - something with a bit more styling. Good luck, gentlemen.

No, Pete, it's not American. This particular model was produced, in limited numbers (about 16), by a famous European coachbuilder in the mid fifties. Not fiberglass but most probably steel. Think along the lines of the futuristic Alfa Romeo B.A.T. series but all built in the same body style. They may have been raced, but I'm not sure of that, either.

Correct, Kent! It's a 1953 Fiat 8V Supersonic by Ghia. The owner of this example also has an pretty extensive collection of Zagato bodied cars. Looks like you're next to post a photo.

• Like 1

That was a great photo, it took me a while to get it. It may also take me a while to pick out a suitable picture to post, plus it probably won't be from a Leica since I just got mine and all my old stuff is from various Nikons (sorry!). We'll see what I can do.

Kent

Okay, lets try this one:

Guest suilvenman

That's a very clever (and naughty) one. Castagna Milano will reproduce anything for anyone at any time, presumably as long as you have enough euros to service the Greek debt.

The running-board tool box and photo suggest that this is probably a long wheel-based coupé?

Cheers, Ken.