MP + SF 24D Flash Unit

Guest Metroman

Guest Metroman

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Need to consult the Brains Trust.....................

When I got an SF24D thrown in with my purchase of the MP and Cron 35/f/2 ASPH I was more than grateful but never thought I would actually use it!

Now I am thinking of giving it a whirl over Xmas but am having trouble deciphering the best way to use it.

In the SF24D manual it doesn't mention the MP just ".. other M cameras" The MP manual only mentions the SF20 - so the 24D came later - yes?.

My Digilux 2 manual mentions the 24D and to use TTL/GNC - easy enough.

So what is best with the MP? I think the manual is telling me to use 'A' and dial in the ISO and aperture but if anyone has better advice I would appreciate it :confused:

TIA

I have an MP, and use the SF24D on "A". That gives you 6 stops of auto exposure control, but you do have to manually input the ISO and the apeture value into the flash. Think of it as a trip back to the early 80's, when most cameras didn't offer TTL.

Eric

Andy, Eric is right ("A"-mode and aperture + ISO preset). Don´t forget 1/50 sec. as the fastest value on the MP. I´m working out the possibilities of the SF24 and it´s a big difference between the MP and M8/M7/M6TTL. The flash is quit good. Not too big.

Ron