Line Artifact in M9

MvMaltese

Here is My pictures. The line artifact show in raw file only. No problem in jpeg file which converted by camera.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I cannot help witht the unfortunate artifact, but here is a good inspection tool - handheld microscope (or small telescope).

POCKET 8X MONOCULAR/MICROSCOPE SET NEW!! - Surplus Shed

Of course you would not use it with the clear plastic end-piece because that would touch the sensor. We bought a few for the shop. Very good quality for what we need.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

When I shoot with DNG + JPEG. The .dng file have problem but jpeg file from camera is fine.
It is indeed strange. Should it happen again, I would suggest you send the file to Leica for advice, not the camera.

• 2 months later...

I have that little line artifact too. It's only visible at 100% enlargement. Appears at the bottom center of a landscaped frame. If anyone figures out what it is or how to debug it I'd love to know. It shows up with all lenses and travels slightly from frame to frame.

Sometimes I wonder if lucking into an M9 during the supply drought raised the likelihood of getting one that popped on the market because it was returned due to a problem like this.

I noticed same blue line like a row of pixels, same position, against clear sky on a few recent shots. Only on RAW not jpeg shot simultaneously. Firmware upgrade appears to have removed the problem but will keep checking in case reappears. At present sounds like a RAW software / firmware issue?