• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Lovely series!

Dear Ashwin and Harri,

I have seen some really nice X1 photos on flickr taken by you and others. I am currently waiting for my own X1 to arrive. What do you thing of the image stabilization function and are you using it for the pics you posted? I heard it doesnt work on the RAW files. So..do you just turn it off if you want to shoot raw and just hold your own camera a bit more carefully or use a tripod?

Edited by 321Whitewillow
forgot the person's name

Hi!

About stabilization. I have not used it. You can read about it here: Leica X1 Field Review (Search for word "Stabilization?)

So, this X1 stabilization is not "typical stabilization".

I just try to adjust ISO-value so large, that I can hold X1 steady. In this week i bought optical viewfinder for X1. With it I can hold camera against my face, then camera is more stabile.

I am very happy X1 user, and I think that you will also like it very much.

Yours, Harri

Guest badbob
Dear Ashwin and Harri,

I have seen some really nice X1 photos on flickr taken by you and others. I am currently waiting for my own X1 to arrive. What do you thing of the image stabilization function and are you using it for the pics you posted? I heard it doesnt work on the RAW files. So..do you just turn it off if you want to shoot raw and just hold your own camera a bit more carefully or use a tripod?

The image stabilization can increase your "acceptably sharp" percentage of shots by 50 percent or more when not too much stabilization is required. However, there is a small penalty for this. If you look at your sharpest photos with stabilization OFF and inspect the small details, then compare to the same small details with it ON, you will see that stabilization usually (or always) smears the smallest details somewhat.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jervz
      Hello,  There is a used Leica X2 in our area selling at US$650,   There is a significant wear & tear on the LCD and got a light scuff on the chrome body. 
      I'm wondering if this is a decent or fair price with this condition and if there ways for me to address these cosmetic issues to make it look pristine.   Please also advise if it's worth replacing the LCD or just use an EVF and if there is a cost effective way to restore the light scuff on the body?
      Is there anything I need to watch out or look for when buying a used Leica X2?
      Appreciate your feedback.   Thanks in advance.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Julius Yls
      Sharing my short article shooting Paris with classic Leica X1: https://www.juliuspictures.com/blog/2020/11/13/exploring-paris-with-leica-x1
      I found this little old camera is amazing. I hope you all enjoy it.

By Guest
      Hallo zusammen,
      da ich mich über meine Neuerwerbung sehr freue, muss ich dies hier kund tun. Ich habe zuletzt etliche Jahre mit einer Leica X1 fotografiert, dann bin ich vor 5 Jahren auf eine M9 umgestiegen. Damit fotografiere ich regelmäßig und es macht mir eine Menge Spaß.
      Als Erbstück von meinen Eltern (meine Mutter war Fotografin) habe ich eine Leica IIIc (Baujahr 1949) mit einem Summitar (von 1951) 5 cm, 1:2, die sich - damit Objektiv - in einem sehr schönen und voll funktionsfähigen Zustand befindet. Damit habe ich in den letzten Wochen 2 Filme belichtet, um zu sehen, ob ich überhaupt noch analog und jede Automatik fotografieren kann. Es hat funktioniert.
      Da die Schraubleica nicht wirklich einfach in der Handhabung ist (Sucherfenster und Entfernungsmesser separat) habe ich über die Anschaffung einer M3 oder M2 nachgedacht.
      Für die M3 spricht, dass Sie über einen besonders großen Fenster verfügt.
      Für die M2 sprach ihr Aussehen (sehr schlicht - sehr schön) und die Tatsache, dass man mit ihr problemlos ein 35 mm Objektiv nutzen kann.
      Nun ist es eine M3 - Kauf per Ebay (trotz grundsätzlicher Bedenken) geworden und ich kann meine Leica-Optiken (meistgenutzt: 50 mm) für den Oldtimer nutzen.
      Ich bin gespannt darauf, sie in der Hand zu halten und den ersten Film zurück zu erhalten.
      Beste Grüße
      Dieter M.
    • By hanskb
      Der einsame Mundharmonikaspieler in der Corona-leeren Einkaufsstrasse

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!Leica X1
    • By lykaman
      Hi, In Catalina/Photos (2019 27" iMac) when I Open an image it appears already 2 times Zoomed in..  The original Image showed the full t/shirt with shoulders etc.. Apple cannot help..