iPad supports RAW files [Merged]

jaay

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yes, the Ipad does recognize them as Jpeg+RAW but when I view the folder structure they are both DNG and both have the exact 17MB file size so it couldn't have been a Jpeg.

Don't confuse what Windows Explorer is showing you with what the file *really is*. What if you copy the files to your PC? Do you get two DNG's? What do the file properties of the files say after you copy to your PC?

Jeff

I am a bit out of touch with Windows but I think you should still sync photos backwards and forwards with iTunes from an iPad or you can also use LR3 on a Mac at least to access photos on an iPad. I have made the decision I am really only going to use my iPad as a viewer and stand-by storage. SD cards are now so cheap, I don't think it makes sense to use it as primary travel storage. Certainly in Mac it does not appear as an accessible device/drive on Finder unless you jail-break it, which I will not do until the end of the guarantee period.

Wilson

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my SD/USB adapter for my iPad and it works great! was able to download RAW files from my Canon rebel T2i with no difficulties. Have not tried from my M9 as of yet. I can tell you that I was not able to open RAW files from the Canon T2i on Photoshop CS4, on my iMac 27 and from what I can tell from their (Adobe) web site they do not support or offer upgrades for this camera, which probably means an expensive CS5 upgrade!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As Steve says, just upgrade to the latest version of ACR and the files will convert. Adobe have a very nasty habit of disabling the latest versions of ACR for earlier versions of PS CS and I think CS3, which is the last version which will run on Power PC Macs, is stuck on ACR 4.6. However I don't think they have done this yet with CS4 but it's probably in the offing.

Wilson