Sign in to follow this  
veraikon

Happy Birthday Charly Z

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ein Blick über den Tellerand sei erlaubt:

Happy birthday Charly Z

120 Jahre Objektive von Carl Zeiss | photoscala

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Clook
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Clook
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Juan Mateos
      I would like to know what you think or know about this carl zeiss optics for leica m, since it is a rare piece and I can not find information, I show you the design of lenses, which I found very strange, since it consists of only two elements. .. Thank you

• By OleAndre
      Hi all,

I have been reading on this forum for a long time, but never posted before, so first let me introduce myself. My name is Ole, I am from Norway, and I have been into photography for nearly a decade. Hence, I am still a junior:)

A month ago I both my first Leica film camera, a nearly mint M3 from 1966. I love shooting with 50mm, so when deciding between an M2, M3 and M6 the choice was easy. I also have an M246 which I couldn't be more happy with. In addition, I have a Sony A7 for convenience, and because my wife forbids me from selling it ("we need a camera that can take colour photos of our future kids"). Yes, we are expecting one later this year:)

Moving on. When I bought the M246 I quickly opted for the Zeiss C Biogon 21/4.5 as my UWA. My rationale was that this lens would give me what I needed for the least amount of $$$. The colour issues are not a problem on the M246, and the lens have plenty of qualities. In fact, in many ways its a real gem - small, nearly zero distortion, and plenty of sharpness in central and midfield areas. Towards the edges the sharpness drops rather quickly though. And, as many of you know, the lens vignettes A LOT.

On a digital camera with a histogram I can overcome this. But what about on a film camera? Have any of you used this lens on a film camera, and how do you usually expose? Does it vignette as much on film as it does on a digital camera?

I know, the best way to find out is to go out and test, which I will do as soon as I get 21mm viewfinder. But until then it would be very nice to hear your experiences with this little gem:)

Thanks for reading.

All the best,
      Ole
    • By jip
      Hey guys, I wrote an article about using the Contax 645 lenses on the Leica S system cameras you can read it here:

Using the Leica S with Contax 645 lenses