Show me your camera bags!

Gotham Historian

Advertisement (gone after registration)

took the badge off my Hadley pro and it is also stuck on with glue. I has left a mark but the dirtier and more scuffed up the bag looks the happier I am.

I have the Hadley pro which I use when I want the whole kit but for every day use I use this

Red Dot Cameras - Leica Cameras, Leica Binoculars, Metz Flashguns, Manfrotto Tripods, Leitz

carries M9 with lens on and 2 others + phone and bits and pieces. Great little bag

Please post more bag pics. I now have a Bill Pro also which I think is great to carry the M system but my 15" Mac is tight with no protection so now looking at the Foggs eflat but USA dealers do not have any and black/black is not avail so the search goes on. I need something for my everyday bag and want a nice bag.

you could try sending an email to chiifcameras@gmail.com, or google it. they are in singapore but do stock fogg bags..i bought one recently..or they can order one for you. they provide a really excellent service

took the badge off my Hadley pro and it is also stuck on with glue. I has left a mark but the dirtier and more scuffed up the bag looks the happier I am.

Thanks David. I don't suppose you have a photo of the bag without the badge? :)

Looking forward to getting the bag well & truly scuffed up. Still working on the courage needed to take off that badge.

My day bag is the Artisan & Artist ACAM 1100.

In the bag I typically carry:

M8.2 with grip + Summarit 35mm f2.5 lens + Artisan & Artist Silk strap

Leica SF 24D

Spare Batteries for flash & M8.2

Mobile Phone

Leatherman Tool

Pen

Pad

Shower Cap (If caught in a thunderstorm it covers the bag)

Cleaning cloth

Drugs for headache

Glasses case when required

Can also fit in one other lens with the flash (90mm Summarit or 15mm Voigtlander + Finder). With flash removed can fit on both lens.

Love this bag..... :)

4391836344_23402e68dc_o.jpg

4391068073_74b3494496_b.jpg

Edited by Big T
  • Like 3

Incidentally, has anyone ever attempted to remove the leather patch with the Billingham name on it? I'm tempted to for aesthetic reasons but I'm afraid it might also be stuck down with glue, can anyone advise?

If you want to hide the Billingham name it's fairly easy to stick something over the top using Evo Stik or similar . Maybe you could cut a piece of leather from an old pair of shoes.

If that was my new bag I'd put out in the garden for a few weeks to age it or shove it through a few wool wash cycles and then re-proof it.

This is my Billingham System 2 bag bought direct from the factory in 1979 ... and has been re-proofed a few times

DSCF0615.jpg

And in those 'good old days" :

They used much thicker leather.

Much better quality triple layer canvas with a waterproof middle layer.

Only sold direct to the public from the factory ie not available from shops

Was a 6 week waiting list

Prices were very low ... see invoice for £28.75 :D:D

DSCF0623.jpg

And in those days I recall press releases ref Billingham bags full of equipment being lost or falling down mountainsides and being recovered months later with all the contents perfectly dry and undamaged. I also have a System 3 c.1985 but the System 2 is my favourite and is plenty large enough especially with the extra side pockets. The System 3 does make a good weekend bag.

Cheers

dunk

Edited by dkpeterborough
  • Like 2

All purpose Billingham - film and beer!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

Perfect camera day bag layout! :D

I've been looking for a new bag myself for travel/day out and like the look of the Tenba Messenger, anybody used one of these & have any thoughts?

Edited by cidereye

I had the same M-Classics bag and, although it's a lovely bag that doesn't scream "Camera inside!", it just didn't do it for me because there's no padding inside and the shoulder pad wasn't tactile enough so the strap was continually falling off my shoulder. The strap also wasn't long enough for me to wear the bag across my body so it had to find a new home.

The A&A ACAM 3000 bag I replaced it with hits all the bases for me.

Pete.

Awesome fit there, is that the L2 Alice? Or the Leica Combination bag? I find my Hadely pro a tad too large for everyday use. And when I do bring it around, it's always not full! My usual kit is a M8, 50 summilux pre-ASPH, 90 tele-elmarit and a 35 Lux.

I think all of that would fit in just nice in that bag of yours ;)

When I bought the Hadely Pro, I was still using a M6, so film canisters took up a bulk of the room in the bag. Now it just seems as deserted as ever!

I've taken the Billingham name patch off my Hadley, it leaves some pucker marks from the thread (which will probably fade over time) and a fairly noticeable glue patch which is more annoying (though not as annoying as the big Billingham patch). Had anyone had any experience in removing this? Can anyone recommend a solvent? I thought I had some white spirit in the garage but I don't so it will have to wait until tomorrow.

4403991939_60d1a6ce07_b.jpg

Edited by ottocrat
added image