Is there a Lieca representative monitoring this forum?

stonearabiapix

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BigSplash
Please point me to where Andy or I have ever said we would never buy a digital M...

The rest of your vile bile is beneath comment or contempt, but I will not let you get away with yet again trying to twist my words and those of others to suit your own hidden agendas.

Bill you said it mid last year when you said that the M8 was not FF and therefore you would not buy it. You also said that you would buy a digital M FF as soon as it came out but you have not done so I see. Just go and look it up.

Guest BigSplash
I have never said I would never buy a digital M. I don't know where Frank has made that nugget up from. Not from me.

When the time and, importantly, the product is right, then I will.

For me, the M8 didn't come close to being right. The M9 is a step in the right direction. Maybe next time or the time after. I don't know. Maybe my time will come before the right product does. Who knows?

Certainly not Frank.

Andy I agree that you consistantly have said the above. My comment was that you did not feel that M8 was right for you (not FF etc) and likewise M9....so we are in sync.

I have actually indicated to you that I like the M8 and have the same sentiments about the M9. I also have echoed your thoughts about living in hope that M10 will meet my needs when it materialises

Back to the OP; why would Leica, or any company, comment on internet chatter? We are not their customers, shareholders or directors. We are self appointed commentators, nothing more. No one here can actually prove they own Leica products and before anyone starts scanning their receipts I'll remind you that I can fake one quicker. Leica, like every other company, has its tradtional methods of dealing with customers. It deals with its customers.

Guest BigSplash

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Back to the OP; why would Leica, or any company, comment on internet chatter? We are not their customers, shareholders or directors. We are self appointed commentators, nothing more. No one here can actually prove they own Leica products and before anyone starts scanning their receipts I'll remind you that I can fake one quicker. Leica, like every other company, has its tradtional methods of dealing with customers. It deals with its customers.

I do not agree.

1. Most of us are Leica customers, and if there are some people here who join the forum that are not ..........presumably they are potential customers of leica and therefore of interest to Solms.
  2. There are many issues raised here which should represent actionable feedback to the company. In an era of continuous improvement and client centric focus I would have thought that Solms would welcome a constructive dialogue.
  3. Any company's product embraces the actual item (eg a M9) but much more than that:

1. Brand recognition..Leica v Pentax for example
    2. Quality of the item .....New lenses needing recallibration etc
    3. Reliability.......?
    4. After sales service experience...days, weeks or months? Cost? Quality of Repair?
    5. Spare Part availability...batteries, lens hood, filters?
    6. Firmware upgrades
    7. Visibility and commitment (via the dealers) about orders placed and shipments.
    8. Value for money

I am sure that two way communication of such issues should be beneficial to Solms shouldn't it?

To be clear I am NOT suggesting any interaction with Solms management about their P&L, cost of making a M9 or a lenshood or even number of units shipped per month. This surely is confidential ...the other items are related to continuous improvement.

The results of psychohistory are valid if and only if the subjects are not aware of it being done. Starting with this statement, you can start some wonderfully paranoic discussions.

Are you saying that everyone's watching me? :eek:

Pete. ;)

unsubscribing and a little disappointed to be honest.

I had hoped that the Leica forum was above bun fights

no-one buys a Leica for reliability imo, you buy a Leica for the experience and I thought you bought a Leica because it was the best for your style of photography in the same way that you buy a Ducati or an Alfa and like all other brands you lived with it's foibles.

My own experience of Leica UK is fantastically positive and that, not this thread is what i will take away with me.