Black

Hi Ruben,

Yeah, its part of a micro series, of sorts. I'm not sure if the dust was from the J8 or the scanner I used (not mine). I don't post process much (bar some cropping and vignetting on my digital stuff), so most of my images come on a take-them-as-you-find-them basis. I'll upload another equally dusty OOC shot soon ;)

hi there

from a composition point of view, the overall scene is very neat, but i wish the person was relaxed or even slumped over . . . the outstretch hand (for some reason? ) looks bad to me . . . i would also punch up the contrast (i read you comment about not postprocessing, but jees . . even scanning has some inherent postprocessing).

Dave,

Totally take on board what you are saying. This shot is actually part of the first roll I have ran through my M6 - a test roll, if you will. I was still getting a feel for manual focus and using the exposure meter, so I suppose composition wasn't on the fore front of my mind - that will probably come with time and experience (both of which I have very little of).

I'm expecting the highlights of my next roll (of far tastier HP5!) to be of a better standard. We'll see. Thanks for the comments, none the less - its very appreciated.