R3 with dodgy meter,repair manual anyone?.

Supersix

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I recently bought a Leica R3 that had been kept in a cupboard for 20 years.Its in ex cosmetic condition outside with minor fungus in viewfinder and lens.First film exposed well but during the second the meter started to get a bit slow to react.I gather this is the usual fault on this model.Ive bought a second body cheap with inactive shutter control but fully ok meter.Im prepared to dive in and strip the second one for the electronics for the first but a service manual of some sort would be usefull.Any suggestions apart from making paperweights out of them would be most welcome.

Anyone in UK fancy doing the job?.

Martin

Ich kaufte vor kurzem ein Leica R3, das in einem Schrank für 20 years.Its in ex kosmetischem Zustand draußen mit kleinem Pilz im viewfinder und dem lens.First Film, der gut herausgestellt wurde gehalten worden war, aber während der Sekunde ist das Meßinstrument, das angestellt wird, um einer Spitze zur react.I Versammlung dieses langsam zu erhalten, die übliche Störung auf diesem model.Ive gekauft einen zweiten Körper, der mit unaktivierter Blendenverschlußsteuerung preiswert ist, aber völlig okaymeter.Im, das vorbereitet wurde, um innen zu tauchen und zweite für die Elektronik für die erste aber eine Betriebsanleitung von irgendeiner Art abzustreifen, würde usefull.Any Vorschläge abgesehen von dem Bilden der Papierbeschwerer aus ihnen heraus würde sein das meiste Willkommen sein. Jedermann in der BRITISCHEN Phantasie, welche die Arbeit? erledigt. Martin

Just checked my "Leica Camera Repair Handbook" by Thomas Tomosy ISBN 0-936262-87-7 which has a section on R3 total strip down on pages 54 to 60 with photographs ... and a description of the meter ... I am hopeless with electronics but would seem there is sufficient information to repair your camera.

Dunk