M9 battery issue

Cityman

How new is the battery? Is it the one that came with the M9, or a former M8 battery?

If it's an older reused M8 battery, it may just have hit the end of its life. About 300 cycles or 3-4 years total life is about what one gets from a Li-ion battery.

If it is a brand-new M9 battery (just out of the box) it may need a couple of full-discharge cycles to get it calibrated.

yes- i grabbed some cheap third party batteries from Hong Kong. I have found they can be erratic- sometimes showing no charge when they are in fact full- and other issues. I depleted each one completely and then found they behaved better. I also had the same problem with the new m9 battery on one occasion- but after I fully discharged it it also worked fine.

does anyone know of a way to discharge the battery without using the camera?

How new is the battery? Is it the one that came with the M9, or a former M8 battery?

If it's an older reused M8 battery, it may just have hit the end of its life. About 300 cycles or 3-4 years total life is about what one gets from a Li-ion battery.

If it is a brand-new M9 battery (just out of the box) it may need a couple of full-discharge cycles to get it calibrated.

It's a brand new battery that came with the M9.

I'll give the discharge a try.

Thanks,

-Dan