Sign in to follow this  
Vincentvandenberg

Big bag needed to transport lots of gear

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sometimes I have to transport a large amount of gear between my bases in Puerto Vallarta and Cancun.

The gear I need to transport:

Leica m9

50mm Noctilux f/1

50mm Summicron f/2

35mm Summicron f/2

W.A.T.E.

Canon 5D mk2

70-200 f/2.8 is L

24-70 f/2.8 L

50 mm f1.4

100 mm macro f2.8

fisheye

Canon 580 flashgun

2x nikon sb 28

2 x pocket wizard

portable external hard drive

17 inch Macbook pro

Do does anyone know what bag would fit all of this stuff? I like the look for the Billingham 550 but can't seem to find out if it will fit my 17 inch macbook pro?

Any suggestions?

I'm a huge fan of Domke bags. They come in a range of sizes to suit all requirements. I have two. One of them holds an M and a couple of lenses and the other can hold a full DSLR setup or even my full medium fomrat kit.

what about a tamrac expedition 8x - comes with a 17" compartment? i owned one during my dslr times but sold it due to its huge size but i guess it would fit your gear.

For this much gear, and for transport only as opposed to a shooting bag, I'd look into the Think Tank line. They're used by many sports shooters and others who need to carry a lot of stuff.

I have similar needs and I transport my Leicas and 4 lenses and the Sinar-M system with four AF lenses, grips, a tripod head and my 17 inch MBP etc. in a 86 series KATA organizer. The KATA has a trolley.

A Mountainsmith rucksack is a way to go if you do not need a trolley.

Yevgeny

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I think that by the time you've also added in the 'extras' such as batteries, power supplies, cables, cards, discs, card-reader, reflectors, cleaning kit and all the other essential miscellaneous kit that tends to find its way into our bags, you are looking at at a cabin trunk and at least one porter.

I have the Billingham 550 and my Macbook Air fits in with huge amount of room to spare. I believe that people put the 17" in the Hadley Pro and the 550 has much more laptop room than the Hadley Pro. I have the M9, 50 Noct, 35mm, 90 Cron, 28 Cron and a Nikon D3 and a whole bunch of Nikon glass. If you really are serious about the 550 then I could try and pack a representative collections including Speedlights and Pocket Wizards. Let me know,

Ian

I use a Lowepro D650 Stealth Reporter which is as large as I'd want to carry about but I don't think it will take a 17" laptop, I use a 15" when travelling.

Look at the Think Tank range

Pro Camera Bags, Camera Backpacks, Digital Camera Bags: Think Tank Photo

probably the rolling bags if you only want to transport equipment from A to B, or the backpacks if you carry it all around with you regularly. They are the best made (and best designed) camera bags I have ever come across.

Steve

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tuvok75
      Verkaufe nach langer Überlegung nun doch meine schöne Leica Monochrom Typ 246, schwarz, 1. Hand, gebraucht, technisch einwandfrei, sehr leichte, minimale Gebrauchspuren, inkl. Originalverpackung. Erworben direkt bei Leica Camera in Wetzlar.  
      Verkauf OHNE Objektiv, mit Originalgurt.
      Weitere Fotos sende ich gerne per E-Mail zu.
      Preis 3650,-€ zzgl. Versand ung ggf. Paypalgebühren
      Verkauf nur innerhalb von Deutschland.
      Abholung und ausführliche Test sind gerne möglich und erwünscht, Ort: Nähe Gießen/ Hessen / Deutschland

Fragen beantworte ich gerne per PN.

Wie üblich beim Privatverkauf übernehme/gewähre ich keine Garantie, Gewährleistung, Umtausch, Rücknahme u. Ä

• By willeica
      I am posting this here and in the Collectors and Historica section of the Forum. I will give a Zoom presentation for the LHSA at 7.30 pm, British Summer Time, 2.30pm EDT, on 19th August 2020 about 'Choosing and Using Old Leicas'. A link to register for the talk, which is free for LHSA - The International Leica Society – members, is here. 
       https://lhsa.org/2020/06/free-webinar-aug-19-choosing-and-using-old-leicas-with-willian-fagan/#myaccount
       The talk , while mainly aimed at those with smaller collections and photographers who want to have one or two old or vintage Leica cameras to use, will also be of interest to more experienced collectors and users.
       ‘Old Leicas’ will include LTM and M models from 1925 up to and including the M6. I will present Leicas from different generations in groups of 3 and will indicate my own personal favourites, which should give rise to varied opinions in the discussion afterwards.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! I will indicate some of my favourite films. I will also give tips about using older Leica cameras, in particular about the question of loading LTM models and film trimming in advance of loading.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! I will describe various accessories for Leica cameras and their uses such as viewfinders, lens hoods, winders, cases, close-up equipment and filters.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! The response to this has been very good, with 135 members from many different countries registered as of yesterday, indicating the increasing interest in vintage Leicas and film photography generally. There are still a number of places available. We hope to have some time for questions and answers afterwards. I hope to see some forum members online as I know that quite a few here are LHSA members.
      William

• By willeica
      I am posting this here and in the LHSA section of the Forum. I will give a Zoom presentation for the LHSA at 7.30 pm, British Summer Time, 2.30pm EDT, on 19th August 2020 about 'Choosing and Using Old Leicas'. A link to register for the talk, which is free for LHSA - The International Leica Society – members, is here. 
       https://lhsa.org/2020/06/free-webinar-aug-19-choosing-and-using-old-leicas-with-willian-fagan/#myaccount
       The talk , while mainly aimed at those with smaller collections and photographers who want to have one or two old or vintage Leica cameras to use, will also be of interest to more experienced collectors and users.
       ‘Old Leicas’ will include LTM and M models from 1925 up to and including the M6. I will present Leicas from different generations in groups of 3 and will indicate my own personal favourites, which should give rise to varied opinions in the discussion afterwards.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! I will indicate some of my favourite films. I will also give tips about using older Leica cameras, in particular about the question of loading LTM models and film trimming in advance of loading.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! I will describe various accessories for Leica cameras and their uses such as viewfinders, lens hoods, winders, cases, close-up equipment and filters.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! The response to this has been very good, with 135 members from many different countries registered as of yesterday, indicating the increasing interest in vintage Leicas and film photography generally. There are still a number of places available. We hope to have some time for questions and answers afterwards. I hope to see some forum members online as I know that quite a few here are LHSA members.
      William

• By Al Brown
      Just came from Latvia on assignment and got me a little souvenir... noticing how similar their Laima chocolate company logo is to Leica's. What do you think? Does any other company have a similar logo?

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
      By Guest
      Hallo zusammen,
      da ich mich über meine Neuerwerbung sehr freue, muss ich dies hier kund tun. Ich habe zuletzt etliche Jahre mit einer Leica X1 fotografiert, dann bin ich vor 5 Jahren auf eine M9 umgestiegen. Damit fotografiere ich regelmäßig und es macht mir eine Menge Spaß.
      Als Erbstück von meinen Eltern (meine Mutter war Fotografin) habe ich eine Leica IIIc (Baujahr 1949) mit einem Summitar (von 1951) 5 cm, 1:2, die sich - damit Objektiv - in einem sehr schönen und voll funktionsfähigen Zustand befindet. Damit habe ich in den letzten Wochen 2 Filme belichtet, um zu sehen, ob ich überhaupt noch analog und jede Automatik fotografieren kann. Es hat funktioniert.
      Da die Schraubleica nicht wirklich einfach in der Handhabung ist (Sucherfenster und Entfernungsmesser separat) habe ich über die Anschaffung einer M3 oder M2 nachgedacht.
      Für die M3 spricht, dass Sie über einen besonders großen Fenster verfügt.
      Für die M2 sprach ihr Aussehen (sehr schlicht - sehr schön) und die Tatsache, dass man mit ihr problemlos ein 35 mm Objektiv nutzen kann.
      Nun ist es eine M3 - Kauf per Ebay (trotz grundsätzlicher Bedenken) geworden und ich kann meine Leica-Optiken (meistgenutzt: 50 mm) für den Oldtimer nutzen.
      Ich bin gespannt darauf, sie in der Hand zu halten und den ersten Film zurück zu erhalten.
      Beste Grüße
      Dieter M.