sold it

Advertisement (gone after registration)

imported_reinierv,

I thought I said goodbye to you on the last page. Maybe the second time is a charm....

Again, sorry to hear about your problems with your M8, it has been a real pleasure reading about them and I will miss your posts about all of the problems you have had. So long old friend. I hope you find a new forum to inhabit.

jaapv, he says that he likes your personality, except you seem to spank him quite righteously. Very confusing this fellow. He seems to enjoy being spanked by you, and he likes you? Strange. Somehow, I don't think he is here for the intellectual discussions. :D

Edited by RickLeica

OK, folks, I am not sure what's brought all this on to this particular thread, but if you can't be civil to one another, then you are lesser people than I thought you were.

If you can't post without personally attacking other members, please don't post at all.

• Like 1

I'm always totally suprised how uncivilized normal housefathers etc can become on the internet when somebody does not agree with their opinion. Teaching respect for others at home they loose exactly that the first moment someone is not in their line on the web.

Actually I think, maybe fed by the internet, it becomes worse in real life as well. There is very strong tendency here in holland and maybe elsewhere that people feel that they can say everything they like to others but when somebody says anything against them they become almost instantly agressive. Everybody knows his/her rights, no-one knows his/hers obligations.

Jaap and I disagree a lot, for me jaap it a typical fan, like a soccer fan who's team can not do anything wrong, even when they loose ;) . But that doesn't mean that I have a personal dislike for jaap. There is more to him that this point. And I do like the way that he's discussing things and argumenting instead of become insulting, that earns him much more respect that many others, even if they agree with me :eek:

Yes I had horrible expericences with the M8 and Leica service, like some others had, I'm not the only one here. I totally loved my M6 and R4 and R7 when I had them. So is the case, deal with it

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
actually jaap, you have no clue how good argument against the X1 that is

but one very good thing I learned...never buy a product that isn't at least 6 months on the market. Let others found out the crap...

You learn to never be an early adopter. I always try to wait 6 months to a year before plunging into new technology.

Even with that approach, my M8 developed streaks of dead pixels, fortunately to the right side of the frame. I'm finally getting it fixed, almost 5 years after I first noticed it, because my EOS equipment is beginning to give me back and neck trouble and I'm using Leicas more again.

Sold my M8 today

I'm so very dissapointed by Leica and the treatment of the M8 problems

Sorry to hear of your disappointment. I'm still loving mine, but no consolation to you :o

I don't think the M8 has had any more problems than the later models...it just gets pooo pood because it's not FF, and was their first digi. Of course Leica knew about the IR problem, which also manifests in the later models. The lack of LCD replacements is a concern. I get frustrated with long waits to chimp my focus...is it any better in the newer models??

Leica's best were its film bodies. They just can't compete today with Japanese electronics and quality control. Frankly I think they need to completely overhaul their approach and work more with the experts. It just isn't good enough. I live in trepidation worrying about my M8 going cactus.

Still they are lovely cameras, except for the silly ones Leica bring out :rolleyes:

cheers Dave S :)

... And anyway, can someone answer if it's a long wait to chimp on the newer models???

No, it's no longer than on my Canon 5D Mk2. Of course it depends how the M or Leica M (Typ 240) are set up: if shooting jpeg all cameras need time to produce the separate jpeg file, add the flavours of saturation, contrast, sharpening etc, compress the file, and then produce a separate thumbnail file of the jpeg, which is what is chimped. All cameras do this as far as I know.

The M8 took some time when the buffer filled up when shooting continuous jpegs but that's not significantly different from other cameras but a camera that has more ram will clear the buffer more quickly.

I only shoot DNGs with my Leica M and when I (rarely) chimp there's no delay of any concern. I have review turned off and if I decide to chimp by the time I've turned the camera forward to present the LCD and pressed the Play button the image is on screen. I assume that it helps that I use a fast SD card.

Pete.

Note that this is a revival of a four year old thread and that the digital world has progressed somewhat since then.

Yes, for example the original poster hasn't been on the forum for almost two years now. He's moved on too, apparently. :D